"Home" resort question

DukeStreetKing

DIS Veteran
I understand the value of being able to make reservations 11 months ahead of time at your "home" resort, but other than that, does it really matter which resort is your "home"?

I've enjoyed staying at all the various resorts in Disney that I've been to and it really doesn't matter to me which one is my "home".

So, if I wanted to buy more DVC points, would it make more sense to buy more at SSR, as long as they were in my use year, or to just buy points regardless of where they are and what the use year is?

Thanks.

You are correct that there is no difference in points once the "home resort" priority has passed. However, there is now a difference between SSR and all other DVC resorts because the ownership extends until 2054. This is a consideration that also may or may not matter to you.

Thanks, Pam,

In 2054, I'll be 90 years old. I have the feeling that no matter where I am, it will all feel like DisneyWorld.

:crazy:

How many more points are you thinking about buying?

I would look at resales in your current use year and see what is out there. I highly recomend getting at least the same UY. (We have 3 home resorts and 2 UY's and it can be a PITA, as far as the different UY's go)

We love having the 11 month window and that was the main factor in purchasing 3 different home resorts (the different UY came into play when a wonderful fully loaded, all banked and current points, cheap BWV contract came up, and we couldnt resist! This was right before Disney started buying everything up... timing is everything) but you said you dont care where you stay.... but having the same UY would be best... trust me.

SSR has those extra years... and that is HUGE... and if you dont mind staying there for all the peak times, then simplify and buy more points there.

Still, doesnt hurt to skim the resale market and see what pops up.

Your home resort also affects the amount of dues you pay. OKW is the lowest, Vero Beach is the highest. The difference between the two is about $1 per point ($4.67 vs $3.68). Vero Beach resales are usually less expensive, but you need to consider the additional dues plus probable lower resale value in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter