Homecomin'

We went twice during our trip last month. The first time was wonderful, and we enjoyed everything we ordered. I really liked the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits. The hot honey (a mixture of hot sauce and honey) was so good!

We went back a second time because I wanted to try the shrimp and grits. Unfortunately, the shrimp were raw when they were brought to the table, and the whole situation was handled horribly. I was questioned as to how I found out they were raw, told that had never happened since they've been opened, and overall made to feel like it was my fault. I'm not sure if they thought I carry around raw shrimp to replace cooked shrimp or what, but I always cut into seafood/meat before taking the first bite.

Best of all, I got to pay full price for the experience. I doubt we'll go back.

We went in May and we're not terribly impressed. Actually, we were so unimpressed that we cancelled our September reservation. The deviled eggs were pretty good and their homemade crackers are exceptional. We tried the mac&cheese, the shrimp cocktail, the fried green tomatoes, and the chicken biscuits. The service was marginal, at best. The food was passable, but uninspired. We were so disappointed in the food that we didn't even bother with desserts.

When we went I would judge the food to be good to very good, but to me, not at that price point (of course I say that to many places at DW). Unfortunately at that time, the waiter for some reason gave up on us - very inattentive, just wanted us to go. Didn't affect the food, of course, but soured the experience. I wish a better time for everyone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter