Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

for those of you who have done the coaster post it note holders....where did you buy the sticky notes from? we have alot of cabins in our exchange, and i'm thinking that i'd maybe like to attempt to make these...but not sure about the cheapest place to buy a lot of sticky notes!

If its ok to use square shaped post-its, Staples has them on sale this week in their dollar deals. I think its 15 pads 3x3 for $5!

for those of you who have done the coaster post it note holders....where did you buy the sticky notes from? we have alot of cabins in our exchange, and i'm thinking that i'd maybe like to attempt to make these...but not sure about the cheapest place to buy a lot of sticky notes!

lakeside.com has some too. Not sure how much they are but I remember seeing them there too. Mine are the staples variety. The actual "Post it" brand would be too costly!

I made these for my FE gift in March, I went to Joann Fabrics w/ a coupon and got them 1/2 price. They were 6 for $3.50 or so?

You can usually find the coupons online if you don't already get them. :goodvibes

We returned last week from our wonderful Dream cruise. I went a little overboard making FE gifts. So here they are:
I made these frames for each family:
DSCN0516.jpg

These are the necklaces I made for the women (they have hidden mickeys in them but you can't see that very well):
DSCN0510.jpg

These are the necklaces I made for the girls. I tried to give them their first initial with their favorite princess or character:
DSCN0513.jpg

I also made a post it note holder for each family and a matching Mickey pen:
DSCN0508.jpg

I also gave each of the boys a plastic sword for pirate night and the men...well the men received this:
FEMagnet.jpg

It was so much fun giving gifts and coming "home" to our cabin to find goodies in the FE! I highly encourage everyone to participate if they can. :goodvibes

How did you get the post it's to stay on without drooping down?! I tried one and the pad seemed like it was going to fall right off!

I used the double sided take and used 3-4 strips of the tape. I did have the post it notes on when I packed them and when I got to the ship some of the post-it-notes were coming off. Luckily I had the tape with me.

I squealed about the post it note pad - it is SO CUTE and is proudly displayed at home now. I had to save one postcard for my scrap book too. Your gifts were AWESOME and I know we all really appreciated your coordinating efforts! :love:

So glad you liked them! I know what you mean about the postcards. There were a few left that I sent to folks back home...had to contain myself so I would have a couple left for scrapbooking!

They are Fimo.

Corinna

Dolphingirl47

I love the Fimo mickey heads. How did you go about "creating" the perfect shaped (and size) head for the hair clips and pins? We have a ton of girls on our upcoming cruise and I would love to try this. Was it a mold?

TIA

Dolphingirl47

I love the Fimo mickey heads. How did you go about "creating" the perfect shaped (and size) head for the hair clips and pins? We have a ton of girls on our upcoming cruise and I would love to try this. Was it a mold?

TIA

Do you mean the lime green Mickey heads? They are not Fimo, but resin and were bought from a scrapbooking supplies Ebay store.

Corinna

I promised that I would post photos of my Fish Extender gifts once I am back from my cruise. Here they are. Those are the gifts for people who were only doing one group:

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

For the girls:

StitchGirl2.jpg

StitchGirl1.jpg

For the boys:

StitchBoy3.jpg

StitchBoy2.jpg

StitchBoy1.jpg

For the men:

ShipMen.jpg

Corinna

Corinna...we just LOVED your gifts....FE and others. Thank you!

Ladies....can one of you can point me in right direction? I was looking for those Hidden Mickey images and was asking here on boards and got nowhere. If someone has them and willing to share, please let me know....I might use them on future cruises.

Thank you!

Ladies....can one of you can point me in right direction? I was looking for those Hidden Mickey images and was asking here on boards and got nowhere. If someone has them and willing to share, please let me know....I might use them on future cruises.

Thank you!

I have them and just emailed them to you.

Corinna

Now tht my two latest cruises are over, I can post what I made. Bewteen the 2 cruises, I had about 50 cabins to deliver to. My original inspiration was the fact that Hawaii was going to be a 15 night cruise and I thoght maybe some poeple could use some games if they had down time in their rooms!

I hand pianted (not so well on some) mickey heads on the side of the dice with 1 dot, decorated the dice holder and then included some games along with balnk paper that could be played with the dice. I also made pens to match.
1014.jpg

1015.jpg

1017.jpg

1016.jpg

1018.jpg

1019.jpg

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1023.jpg

We loved your gifts too...very creative. Thank you!

Do you mean the lime green Mickey heads? They are not Fimo, but resin and were bought from a scrapbooking supplies Ebay store.

Corinna

Yes, the lime green ones. Post #243, first picture. Sorry, did not want to repost the entire thing. If I can purchase the heads already made, you made my day!

Do you still have the name of the ebay seller you could PM me?

Thanks!

Yes, the lime green ones. Post #243, first picture. Sorry, did not want to repost the entire thing. If I can purchase the heads already made, you made my day!

Do you still have the name of the ebay seller you could PM me?

Thanks!

PM with link on its way. They also have all kinds of other colours, but the lime green just tickled me because of the DIS connection.

Corinna

I HAVE TO SAY these are my FAVORITE FE gifts EVER! What ADORABLE yet useful gifts! Your cruise mates were very lucky to get your gifts!

I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea. I am going to make these into stocking stuffers for Christmas for my family. I will have to incorporate a non Disney theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter