Homemade Onion Dip

Nikole

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I posted this before...sorry if I did :) Was just reading through some of my recipe collections and started getting hungry ;)

Pan Fried Onion Dip
2 large Yellow Onions
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup veg. Oil
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
4 oz. Cream cheese, room temp.
½ cup Sour Cream
½ cup mayonnaise

Cut the onions in half, and slice them into 1/8 inch thick half rounds. (Will yield about 3 cups of onions.) Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan on medium. Add the onions, cayenne, salt and pepper and saute for 10 min. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 min longer, until the onions are browned and carmelized. Allow the onions to cool. Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.

Gotta tell you..... made this for Superbowl...... Doesn't look like I'll ever be going back to the lipton's soup onion dip!!!!!! Even my husband who LOVES processed food...the more processed the better (bleah) LOVED it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter