Homework on VACATION???? I don't think so.

I've never made my DS miss school time for vacation...until this year. We planned our official trip to WDW for the last week in August, which is right before school starts. Then we won a trip, so we're taking it in November. We thought the trip was 4 days and I tried to plan so my DS would only miss one day of school and we would come back on Election day, and school is closed, but then we found out it was 5 days, so now he has to miss 2 days.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't have PDD and wasn't in special ed.

I'm going to tell the teacher as soon as school starts and ask if she can give it to us the week before, or if not, he'll make it up when he gets back. No way would he do homework in Disney. If he has a test the day we get back, then that's different and we'll study the best that we can, but I can' see him doing his homework It's a fight to do it every night at home, I can't imagine there. It's only 2 days though, so it shouldn't be bad.

:scared1: I could not disagree with you more! Family time is WAY to important to be passed over for school!!!

I totally agree!!! I've already talked to the principal and DS's teacher for next year about our trip and they feel the same way as I do. The life experiences children get from family vacations are totally worth some missed classes. I'm lucky that on this trip one of DS's best friends will be with us and they are in the same class so if there is any homework given to them while they are away, they can help each other out a bit (they are in french immersion and none of the adults on the trip speak french!)

I've never made my DS miss school time for vacation...until this year. We planned our official trip to WDW for the last week in August, which is right before school starts. Then we won a trip, so we're taking it in November. We thought the trip was 4 days and I tried to plan so my DS would only miss one day of school and we would come back on Election day, and school is closed, but then we found out it was 5 days, so now he has to miss 2 days.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't have PDD and wasn't in special ed.

I'm going to tell the teacher as soon as school starts and ask if she can give it to us the week before, or if not, he'll make it up when he gets back. No way would he do homework in Disney. If he has a test the day we get back, then that's different and we'll study the best that we can, but I can' see him doing his homework It's a fight to do it every night at home, I can't imagine there. It's only 2 days though, so it shouldn't be bad.

Congrats on winning the trip.:cheer2: So are you doing both trips or just the one you won?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter