Hoop Dee Doo food choice?

cujochurch

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me about the salad dressing? What kind and does it come on the salad or on the side? Are there differnt choices? Kids are very particular when it comes to dressing.

it comes on the salad and is the only choice. i find it to be tasty and as you can tell i don't know what is in it!! LOL:tongue:

It does come with the salad (which is already at your table when you get there). I don't remember exactly what it is... Italian, or a vinaigrette maybe... but it's your run of the mill dressing. You can probably request a salad without dressing on it for your kids if it's an issue.

Italian-type dressing. Pretty good. My daughters usually like nothing but Ranch dressing and they actually liked this salad. They liked the whole dinner and it was the most they ate the whole week! Great food and great show. Enjoy!

It's a vinigrette however you spell it. It's got parmasian cheese in it too... interesting flavor. I went there in January.. just be warned, you don't get a lot of time to eat, and they don't cook the ribs really well. I didn't think it was worth the money.

We love the Hoop-Dee-Doo and my DH who will NOT eat a salad without thousand Island Dressing eats their salad.

The salad is fine as well as the honey butter they have. The point of the HDDR is the dinner show. If your goal is to have a gourmet meal, ( as opposed to fried chicken, ribs, corn, beans, etc ) then I would say skip this. If you want an entertaining evening with a serviceable meal thrown in, this is the place for you.

The servers at Hoop-Dee-Doo are very accomdating. We have been there three times. Each time we were there our kids were either toddlers, adolescents or pre-teens. Just ask your server and they will most likely accomdate your needs. Our kids have been served spaghetti, pizza, chicken fingers, shrimp (my wife's request) over our three visits. And at no extra charge. They realize that not all kids (or big kids for that matter) enjoys the bill of fare they serve, so they will do everything they can to please the guests. Hope this helps.

Wow - that's great to know!!!

Although I'm looking forward to that Fried Chicken, Ribs and Corn on the Cob!!!

and especially - the Strawberry Shortcake that everyone raves about!!!

We went this past February and I was very surprised to find that the food was pretty good. Much better than I had been led to believe from the boards.

Originally posted by Disney Bumfords
Wow - that's great to know!!!

Although I'm looking forward to that Fried Chicken, Ribs and Corn on the Cob!!!

and especially - the Strawberry Shortcake that everyone raves about!!!

I think in all the times I have been it has been corn OFF the cob...lol

I love the Hoop and have been about 7 times!!

(I love that the beer and wine is included too ;) ;) )

Off the cob? Haven't I read everywhere that the meal includes "corn on the cob"?

Off the cob works too though!!!

Originally posted by Disney Bumfords
Off the cob? Haven't I read everywhere that the meal includes "corn on the cob"?

Off the cob works too though!!!

I really hadn't read anything about it since I have been so many times, but I don't think in any of the times I have been has it been on the cob (isn't it funny that we are even having a conversation about if it is on or off the cob? lol)

Just an FYI - way back when, WAY WAY back when - they did actually serve corn ON the cob - I've got pictures from our honeymoon in 1986 to prove it!

We did this show again with our kids in 2002, and again in 2003 with the in-laws, and - corn off the cob - and with peppers in it. Good - but not the same!

Originally posted by CRCrazy
Just an FYI - way back when, WAY WAY back when - they did actually serve corn ON the cob - I've got pictures from our honeymoon in 1986 to prove it!

We did this show again with our kids in 2002, and again in 2003 with the in-laws, and - corn off the cob - and with peppers in it. Good - but not the same!

yes....I just remembered the peppers mixed in....I didn't really care for it.

I am not into ribs but I really like the fried chicken. I'm a white meat person so they end up bringing more chicken breasts.

Do they still put peppers in the corn? Eww eww eww. what's wrong with just plain old corn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter