Hoop-Dee-Dooped

I am pretty sure that we did NOT have food poisoning. We got sick about 2 hours after eating at HDDR. I think it was probably the horrible GI virus that was going around Orlando at the time. I did not base my review on getting sick. We really did not like the show or the food. We had decided before getting sick that we would not return.

I wish you all could hear the song that DH sings about our experience.... It is a very funny re-wording of the Hoop-Dee-Doo song!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: (He adds an extra Doo to the end!!!)

Wow, I'm sorry for those who have had bad experiences at HDDR. We make it a point to do HDDR every single trip. We've never been ill, except for the hangover the next morning due to the sangria! :rotfl: We always enjoy the food, the show, the sangria..

And I'm really sorry to the OP who disliked the strawberry shortcake! That's my favorite part! Being from the midwest, people here like to think strawberry shortcake is made with angel food cake -- YUCK! Give me real shortcake anyday! :love:

TruBlu said:
I am pretty sure that we did NOT have food poisoning. We got sick about 2 hours after eating at HDDR. I think it was probably the horrible GI virus that was going around Orlando at the time. I did not base my review on getting sick. We really did not like the show or the food. We had decided before getting sick that we would not return.

I wish you all could hear the song that DH sings about our experience.... It is a very funny re-wording of the Hoop-Dee-Doo song!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: (He adds an extra Doo to the end!!!)

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup2
it was just that your post sounded like you were saying you got food poisoning from the show . . . and I'm just a stickler for the details and couldn't see how that would be possible.
I can definitly see how getting sick after what you deemed as a horrible show would be like salt to the wound so to speak. :guilty:

Thanks again for the review!

Sorry About Your Bad Experience, We've Been There A Couple Of Times And Have Had A Very Good Time Each Time. We Are Going Again In August And Hopefully Everything Will Be Great Again. The Kids Loved The Show And The Food! One Thing We Don't Have To Worry About Is 30 Degree Weather This Time Of Year!

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I have gone to the show three times and loved it each time!

I also appreciate the clarification because I thought you'd gotten sick from the food at the show also.
Went to HDDR once in 2004......loved it. Taking the kids in August. DH and I book the 5 p.m. show because we figure the food will be freshest and having the least chance of spoiling.

I'm no fan of the show or the food -- but our boys (age 10) love it. So, back we go this year. I figure if I drink enough beer, and put ear plugs in my ears for the awful washboard thing, I'll survive. I was particularly offended by the so-called strawberry shortcake -- nothing but a cloying, gloppy mess.

Too bad we have to spend 2TS credits per person for it. (At least we're on the free dining promotion. If not, I just don't think I could make myself pay $200 to do it.)

We booked the 9:30 p.m. show as the reservations agent told me it was not too booked up. Last time we had awful seats at the back of the room. As you can see, I can't wait for this, ha ha!

Sorry for the bad experience. :guilty: But after reading all the posts (we are planning on going in May) would the best way for us to go--go to MK and ride the boat over?? Is the restuarant right there close by after you get off the boat??? Thanks so much

tam012864 said:
Sorry for the bad experience. :guilty: But after reading all the posts (we are planning on going in May) would the best way for us to go--go to MK and ride the boat over?? Is the restuarant right there close by after you get off the boat??? Thanks so much
The restaurant is a very short walk up from the boat dock. You pass a nice little playground on the way, so it you have kids be ready for it!!!

We did both the internal bus (coming) and the boat (going). The bus was great - nice driver, cool. But, the boat was better.

I would recommend getting down to the dock as quickly as possible after the show. People in the back of the line probably had a very long wait to get back to MK! We were on the second boat but still had to wait about 20 minutes.

tam012864 said:
Do you get off the boat close to where the old River Country use to be???

Sorry, don't know that one either. This was our first trip to Disney. Great way to end it, right? :sad2:

yes, it's close by to where river country used to be. . . though not as far from the dock. (if that helps, I have never been to River Country and obviously never will, but I know where it "used" to be and unless the dock changed places then yes, you should know where you're going)

I had to LOL at the previous poster who mentioned getting drunk to stand the show! That's generally the approach I have to take for MOST dinner shows, lol, my son loves those things but I can't stand them. Unfortunately I'll be pregnant for this one and can't use my usual vice, lol. We're going even though the bad reviews are BAD, but there are alot of good reviews too. . . who knows, maybe I'll like it. If not, at least I am prepared, lol.

Wow - sick fro HDD food - never happened to us.

We were there on 6/29 - 7:15 PM show - we were a table where a couple was dancing for our 21st anniversary :rotfl: - they made us do it.

We did not eat the corn or beans. We asked for a plain salad dressing on the side. DH ate some of the salad dressing, no one else did. Tried the corn bread. Ate the ribs and chicken. We were all fine.

So if the food tastes/smells/looks yucky :crazy: - do NOT eat it.

Kids can also get pizza and/or mac&cheese at the HDD - just call 24 hours in advance.

pooh2001 said:
Kids can also get pizza and/or mac&cheese at the HDD - just call 24 hours in advance.

I didn't know that. That's good to know because while my son likes ribs he only eats a couple. . . it would be good to supplement with mac and cheese

I am not a big fan of HDD either. Didn't think the show was Disney Quality. Everyone else in our party liked it though and thought the food was great. Must have been b/c I am a vegetarian. (i did call 24 hrs in advance to get something good to eat..but no luck there.) LOL

pooh2001 said:

Do you have to call the restaurant directly or just the WDW Dining number? Thanks for the info. There is nothing on the menu my son will eat and we are going in Sept.

disneymom727 said:
Do you have to call the restaurant directly or just the WDW Dining number? Thanks for the info. There is nothing on the menu my son will eat and we are going in Sept.

I will PM you the number for the restaurant. I would call them a week before. That is what the CM told me to do.

we loved HDD... in fact, it is the only two credit meal we will do again, as all the others dont come near justifying the extra credits (Cali, YC, CRT)... plus, the whole experience for us starts from the boatride over from MK, as it in itself is fun, especially seeing the bear at WL...

I love your response about the incubation period and food poisoning, it made me laugh out loud, some people are quick to blame things on the first thing that pops into their heads and after spending all that money for the show, transportation troubles and getting sick is not what you want to be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter