Hotel best for adults with no children

ninaks

Earning My Ears
The neighborhood moms want to take a girls trip to Disney without children. We are looking for a hotel that won't be full of children at the pool. We see enough children at home :D Are there any hotels that cater more to adults? thanks for your help

POFQ only has 1 pool, so of course, there are children in it. On the other hand, POR has 6 pools. 5 are quiet pools and 1 is the theme pool. The theme pool always has lots of children. The quiet pools won't have as many kids. I have a baby who loves water, and usually take him to the quiet pools to swim so that he doesn't get splashed too much. The hot tub, however, was packed with kids the last time we were there. I don't think there was an adult in it, just packed with kids. Coronado Springs is a conference center moderate resort. Since many of the rooms are filled with conference guests, who depending on the conference are usually adults, the pools are less crowded during the day. I believe their hot tub is big enough for 22 people, so it doesn't get too crowded too fast. The quiet pools at CSR are usually pretty quiet. Usually just a couple kids in them. I think that most kids prefer the theme pools, so if you stay away from the theme pools you should be ok.

all WDW resorts are going to have children.

Once they change over Cont to a convention hotel - but might be a good bit - but that won't happen for a couple of years.

do you need to be close to the parks?

then I would suggest BW.

if you don't then I would suggest OKW or SSR (SSR is the new resort next to DD and PI).

you can rent points from a DVC member and pay less.

if you don't want to stay in a DVC resort.

then I would suggest YC (very expensive). this place has less children - because (in my opinion) - Children aren't comfortable with this fancy hotels - they are more comfortable in the BC.

In one of my springs trip I stayed at PO - boy - everywhere you looked children....Sorry!

thanks for the help. I have to admit I am new to Disney so don't know all the abbreviations for the hotels. Is there a key or dictionary somewhere? Thanks again!

I vote for the Dolphin! The Dolphin is directly on the water and is one of the Epcot area resorts, so it's walking distance to Epcot. There's also a boat that will take you to Epcot or MGM. It is both a Disney hotel and a convention hotel, so it's primarily adults. The pools are gorgeous and there are 8 restaurants on site! DH and I love it! No Disny theming, but there's a really fun, kind of over-the-top beach theme at the hotel.

here a link to abbreviations
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

BWV - Broadwalk Villa
OKW - Old Key West
SSR - Saragota springs (spelling)
BC - Beach Club
YC - Yatch Club
BCV - Beach Club Villa

DVC - Disney Vacation Club
there resorts are BWV, OKW, SSR, BCV and VWL on WDW property.

I don't have kids and do both solo & trips with friends. This is what I've found at various levels:

value - I think AS Music seems to be the most adult-oriented. Most families stay at Movies or Sports.

moderate - Coronado Springs. This is a convention hotel, so fewer families. Also the most amenities in a mod (hair salon, fitness ctr., etc.)

deluxe - I've only stayed at the Swan/Dolphin and both are great for adults. The convenience to Epcot is fabulous!!!!

As spiceycat mentioned, DVC is also an option. BW or SSR might be good options!!! :cool:

I agree with travelin" tigger about ASMusic. If you'd rather go Deluxe, Yacht Club seems to attract fewer children from what I've noticed. Also, I've stayed at POR many times and seen lots of kids there!

I would definitely check out the Swan and Dolphin. The proximity to the Boardwalk and Epcot make this a really fun local especially for adults.

The moderates are OK in my opinion, but really quite dead at night. It was actually quite depressing to me....The deluxes have lots of folks around at night and lots of nightlife. Without the kiddies, you might be looking to spend some time out at night!!!!

Guide to resorts:

Deluxe Resorts
AKL: Animal Kingdom Lodge
BC: Beach Club Resort
BWI: Boardwalk Inn
CR: Contemporary Resort
GF: Grand Floridan Resort
PR: Polynesian Resort
YC: Yacht Club Resort
WL: Wilderness Lodge

Moderate Resorts
CBR: Caribbean Beach Resort
CSR: Coronado Springs Resort
POFQ: Port Orleans-French Quarter
POR: Port Orleans-Riverside

Value Resorts
ASMo: All Star Movies
ASMu: All Star Music
ASSp: All Star Sports
PC: Pop Century (newest value resort)

Home-Away-From-Home Resorts (DVC)
OKW: Old Key West
WLV (or VWL): Wilderness Lodge Villas
BCV: Beach Club Villas
BWV: Boardwalk Villas
SSR: Saratoga Springs Resort (newest DVC resort)
FW: Fort Wilderness (cabins & campground--not DVC, but doesn't fit elsewhere)

You'll find children everywhere. Probably slightly fewer at YC than BC or BWI--YC doesn't have villas. Trust me, children are just as comfortable there as BC, but their parents seem to be a bit more cautious! The YC quiet pools tend to be fairly quiet, as children prefer to be at Storm-Along-Bay.

Coronado Spring tends to have fewer children in the Casitas area, as that's adjacent to the Convention Center. Cabanas tends to have the most children--and is the preferred location for many non-convention travelers. It does have The Dig Site, which I would love if I were a child! :)

I stayed at Pop Century in December, 2004 and there were a lot of children! For the most part, well-behaved children! Some of the adults were noisier and less considerate than the children. :( If you get a room away from the pool (facing the lake in the 50s building is a good location, convenient to the main building and parking, plus a nice view!), there won't be a lot of noise. The rooms in this value resort are nicely soundproofed!

It really depends on the group's budget and preferences.

POFQ (smaller resort section of Port Orleans) and POR have ferry service to DTD, which would be nice for an evening out. Entertainment is pretty limited at the moderate and value resorts, but if you don't mind catching WDW transportation, you're not that far from DTD or The Boardwalk from most of the value and moderate resorts.

Another vote for Swan/Dolphin. I think anywhere in the EPCOT resort area over by the Boardwalk is a great place for adults. I was at the Swan last May and didn't see many kids at all, even at the pool, there was all adults. The whole Boardwalk area and YC/BC just seem more "grown-up" to me!

I think this depends on how much you are willing to pay for a room. If money is not an issue, then I'd recommend the following:

Yacht Club
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Boardwalk Villas
Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old Key West (villas)
Saratoga Springs (villas)

I think these will probably attract more adults, but as previously stated, there are going to be kids. I'd probably avoid the value resorts.

We have been lucky enough to stay at all the moderate and deluxe resorts except Grand Floridian. While they are not my favorite resorts (Wilderness Lodge) I'd have to say Swan/Dolphin would be the best place to avoid kids. It just seems odd that you'd go to WDW trying to avoid children.

I would vote for the YC. They have 1 maybe 2 quite pools. There several times where we were the only ones in the quite pool. The right time of the year you also maybe able to be in the main pool later at night with little contact with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter