Hotel help please!

Stay at the Homewood suites. It's an easy walk. Or you can take the Toy Story buses.

I agree with this. We have hopped on to the Toy Story bus because it’s closer to our hotel and we’ve never had issues.

Omg overrun by crickets???? Lol I've never heard of such a thing!! Was the Homewood still clean? I don't mind an older room at long as the beds are comfy and it's a decent place to relax on our downtime.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not thrilled about sharing a double bed with my husband tbh! He's 6'4" and neither one of us are small people lol
Yes! Crickets were everywhere! I’m not sure if they had just stopped using a pest control because of the shut down or if it was some kind of crazy cricket migration or what. Lol.

Yes, room clean and comfortable still. And no bugs in room. ☺️

Don’t blame you for not wanting to share a double bed. We are not a fan of sharing a double bed either. Maybe for one night. But that’s it. And now that our kids are adult sized, they don’t want to share a bed smaller than a queen.

Yes! Crickets were everywhere! I’m not sure if they had just stopped using a pest control because of the shut down or if it was some kind of crazy cricket migration or what. Lol.

Yes, room clean and comfortable still. And no bugs in room. ☺️

Don’t blame you for not wanting to share a double bed. We are not a fan of sharing a double bed either. Maybe for one night. But that’s it. And now that our kids are adult sized, they don’t want to share a bed smaller than a queen.

Crickets? Is that what they are calling roaches in Anaheim?

Crickets aren't really found around that area...

The Candy Cane Inn is very popular among those north of the border. They speak Canadian there.
I've heard that just reopened...I'm definitely curious as they haven't updated the website with new pictures and the pricing seems pretty good.

Residence Inn- we have not stayed there yet. Rooms look really nice though! The walk isn’t too terrible, we would just walk if we were staying at that hotel.
I think OP is asking about the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Garden Grove which is not the one on Katella. It's down by Target at Harbor and Chapman...Personally I think this is too far to walk, especially for an afternoon break.

I've stayed at the Homewood multiple times and would probably choose that. The hotel isn't that old so it's more that the rooms have been used by millions of families than it's outdated or anything. That said, I haven't noticed anything in bad condition when we've stayed there, though the most recent was over a year ago. On that visit we arrived late at night and did have some frustration finding parking which had not been an issue in the past there. This could have been due to the pandemic and more people travelling by car at that time though.

I also really like the HoJo but have always stayed in building 1. The double beds have kept me away from the older buildings. But we've always found the rooms and property to be clean so I assume that would extend to the other buildings too.

Crickets? Is that what they are calling roaches in Anaheim?

Crickets aren't really found around that area...
For sure not a roach. I’m not an insect expert, but I know what a roach looks like. If they were not crickets they were grasshoppers of some kind.

I think OP is asking about the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Garden Grove which is not the one on Katella. It's down by Target at Harbor and Chapman...Personally I think this is too far to walk, especially for an afternoon break.

I've stayed at the Homewood multiple times and would probably choose that. The hotel isn't that old so it's more that the rooms have been used by millions of families than it's outdated or anything. That said, I haven't noticed anything in bad condition when we've stayed there, though the most recent was over a year ago. On that visit we arrived late at night and did have some frustration finding parking which had not been an issue in the past there. This could have been due to the pandemic and more people travelling by car at that time though.

I also really like the HoJo but have always stayed in building 1. The double beds have kept me away from the older buildings. But we've always found the rooms and property to be clean so I assume that would extend to the other buildings too.
Oh you are right, totally my mistake for missing that about the residence inn. I didn’t know there was another one down the street. My apologies. Thanks for catching that!

FWIW- I've heard crickets in and around DLR many times and they were plentiful in the area I grew up in about 30min from DLR.

Interesting. I've lived about 12 miles south of DLR for over 15 years. Never heard a cricket here. The 4 years we lived in Northern VA, it was ALL we ever heard in the warmer months.

Interesting. I've lived about 12 miles south of DLR for over 15 years. Never heard a cricket here. The 4 years we lived in Northern VA, it was ALL we ever heard in the warmer months.
That's weird! I grew up in Claremont so a bit northeast of DLR. I'll never forget the day in junior high when my shoe felt super weird. I took it off and out came a cricket I'd been toting around with me all morning. Ick.

I live in Anaheim and sometimes we get a lot of crickets all over outside the house (and hear them nightly) so there are plenty in the city.

Must really just depend on area of SoCal.

I live in Anaheim and sometimes we get a lot of crickets all over outside the house (and hear them nightly) so there are plenty in the city.

Must really just depend on area of SoCal.
We get huge swarms of them occasionally in San Diego. It’s really odd. One year we’ll have hundreds of them appear in one day and stay a few days. Then we won’t see them again for years. I think it’s really dependent on just the right weather conditions for them to hatch in mass like that.

Thank you to @mamacatnv for recommending The Holiday Inn Express and Suites. I got a accessible room there for a good price for November. I was lost looking at all the hotels and what was nice and what had breakfast and what was clean. I'm looking forward to staying there. :tink:

Weird story about crickets. We have a lot of them here in Massachusetts in the summer. My mom and I were sitting watching TV one summer night and heard the loudest cricket we'd ever heard. We knew it was in the house. I looked down the stairs near the door and there it was. My mom got a shoe and was going to toss it near it to scare it away. My mom tossed the shoe downstairs and it landed on the cricket. She hadn't meant to kill it she just wanted it out of our front hall. We felt bad about the poor cricket. Seems my mom either had really bad aim or really good aim. 🦗👟

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter