• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near Busch Gardens TB

jelly-beans

Mouseketeer
I know this is a SWO forum but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay near BGT this October (I will be there two nights). They have a list of preferred hotels on their website but any additional assistance would be great.

I am looking for a place close enough to BGT so that I could walk to the park, if possible. Breakfast and club level features are not important. Just someplace clean and quiet.

Thanks in advance.

jb

I have.
It's a Days Inn, cheap, not fancy.
I stayed there 1 night for Hal-O-Scream, partied, and didn't have to worry about driving.
The Baymont is across the street if you want something better.
It's a long walk, a full city block because you're on the opposite side of the entrance. Takes about 10 minutes, you walk to the BGT lot where you can catch a tram to the ticket area.
The other hotels are on Fowler Ave and most have shuttles.
I'll stay at the Days Inn again this October.

I can vouch for the Baymont.I've stayed there a few times. It's a newer hotel and well-maintained.

Originally posted by robvia
I have.
It's a Days Inn, cheap, not fancy.
I stayed there 1 night for Hal-O-Scream, partied, and didn't have to worry about driving.
The Baymont is across the street if you want something better.
It's a long walk, a full city block because you're on the opposite side of the entrance. Takes about 10 minutes, you walk to the BGT lot where you can catch a tram to the ticket area.
The other hotels are on Fowler Ave and most have shuttles.
I'll stay at the Days Inn again this October.

So it's safe to walk that late at night? I looked up the Days Inn and they said it was 3 blocks from BG.

Cheers :)

I made a reservation at the Baymont and they said it is one block from BGT (can anyone confirm?) and that walking shouldn't be a problem. I hope that's true.

jb

The Days Inn is 1 block away.
It's across the street from BGT but on the opposite side of the entrance.
The address is
2901 E Busch Blvd
http://www.the.daysinn.com/tampa06004

What's the walk like? There is a sidewalk, and a few fast food places. The street is lit up. There are a few crosswalks along Busch Blvd, so you gotta watch out for cars turning. I walked fast and kept an eye out for other people on my way back, and had no problems. It's like any city street with fast food places. Cars zoom by, and you gotta watch out for them turning. If you're a pretty girl by yourself, I'm sure guys would gawk at you. If you're with a group of people and walk fast, then nothing will happen.
I'm staying there for Hawl-O-Scream this year because then I can drink lots of beers and not worry about driving. Hawl-O-Scream is one massive party.

We're taking your advice and staying at the Days Inn over Howl-O-Scream. $38 per night, and no need to park at BG!

Cheers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter