Hotel Royal Plaza or Caribe Royale for March visit?

snowmom

Earning My Ears
We have reservations to stay at the Hotel Royal Plaza in late March at a rate of $85/night per mousesavers.com. Someone recently told me about a $143.90 rate at Caribe Royale. The Caribe looks to have a beautiful pool area, more room space and offers a hot breakfast buffet. That potentially sounds worth the $50 some dollar difference, knowing it's not cheap to feed a family of five for breakfast.

My question is this: Being we are visiting the parks during the very busy days preceding Easter, would we be smarter to stay at a Downtown Disney hotel which assures entrance into the park on busy days when they can close to more guests.

I'd appreciate any advice you have on this subject!

Thanks,
Snowmom

I'm not convinced that Disney is going to see crowds like in the past anytime this year. We're going Pres Week and most of the hotels have openings in a lot of room categories. This is normally a sold out time, months in advance. So, I'd choose the hotel that I'd prefer. Also call hotel kingdom to see if they have the rates at Caribe Royale because they tend to post rates without confirming inventory.

Check this site (on the main page ) www.wdwinfo.com to see what kind of rates you can get for the hotels. They usually have cheaper rates than you can get by calling directly.

I have stayed at the Caribe Royale and we liked it but we had a rental car. The pool is nice as is the breakfast. Also having a seperate bedroom/living room came in handy when someone was tired and wanted to rest.

Caribe Royale has a great sister property called the Buena Vista Suites. They are located directly next door and have all the great features (pool only difference). Breakfast and free transportationis also included. I got a great rate when I booked through Hotelkingdom.com. Take a look i think you will enjoy it just as much and still save quite a few $$$.:jester:

We just found a rate on Expedia for a Caribe Royale 1 bedroom suite for $136/night! We are travelling 5/4 throught 5/8. We have never stayed at Caribe but know people who have done so. They liked the property very much.

Last trip we stayed at Doubletree Guest Suites at DD at various rates for different nights. Total price for 4 nights was $450. It was OK but nothing special. We are looking forward to Caribe Royale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter