• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels by Renaissance - Sea World?

jgates

<font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags
Renaissance Orlando Resort
6677 Sea Harbor Drive

Across from Sea World.

What other motels are adjacent or within walking/cheap taxi distance from the Renaissance? I know we drove by there at least 4 times last month, but I didn't realize that was the place that was having a convention I may be attending in October. Our group rate at Renaissance is $184 plus tax and I am looking for a better bargain.

We stayed at Horizons (Marriott timeshare), but it is pricey. There was another Marriott next door, brand new and I can't remember if it was a Courtyard or one of the other ones. Across from Horizons was another Marriott timeshare (don't remember which one) and if memory serves there was a Hilton (?) down the street. These were all close to Sea World.

On the SWF web site, click on Plan a Vacation, then Preferred Hotels.
http://www.4adventure.com/vacations/preferredhotels/swf/orlandohotels1.html
In another window (click on File, New Window), bring up maps.yahoo.com and type in the addresses to see where they are located. Switch back and forth between the two web windows, one to get info on the hotel, the other to type in the address and see how close it is to the park.
There is one other hotel besides Renaissance at the corner of the parking lot that is within walking distance. I don't remember the name of it. Anyone else know this hotel? The rest require a free shuttle which is provided by the hotel you stay at. You'll get to the park and back, you'll just have to wait for the shuttle.

Spend the time, click on each hotel, then type in the address in the other window. Maybe you'll find the one that is located at the corner of the parking lot. Once you do, you'll have the web site of the hotel, and you can book it directly.

I'm staying at the Residence Inn which is about 1/2 mile from SeaWorld. My rate is $89 with AAA. i think its brand new.

I'll take a look at the Residence Inn. We won't even be going to SeaWorld! It's just a Jack Henry convention (if they decide to send us) and the lower the initial budget-the better our chances of going!

Was hoping we could get by with a Mears from airport and no car rental if possible (although I would love to stop back at the Swan and say hi to Mama T & SwanDolphin.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter