• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels on I-5 near Sacramento

aprila

Earning My Ears
We are driving out from Portland, Oregon and plan to stop overnight at a hotel somewhere around Sacramento on the way there and the way back from Disneyland. Any information on where a family of 8 can stay for a reasonable price but nice. Would I need to make a reservation you think? Not sure how many stops we will be making so not sure when we would arrive. Have 3 small children as well as 3 preteen and teen.

Thanks so much!

Hi April! I live in Elk Grove, about 10 minutes south of Sacramento. We have had a couple of nice hotels built in the last few years... some of the motels along I-5 in Sacramento are questionable, but down here in Elk Grove, it's pretty quiet! There is a Comfort Suites and an Extended Stay America. Comfort Suites is located near an AM/PM mini-mart, very handy (and across the street from my kids' preschool, so a very safe area!). The Extended Stay America is by a Chevron, Shell, KFC/A&W, Wendy's, and McDonalds. Both are located right off the freeway - the ESA off of Laguna Blvd and the Comfort Suites off of Elk Grove Blvd, very easy to find and both near nice residential neighborhoods. If you need to make a grocery stop, there are stores about a mile further up Laguna Blvd. Feel free to PM me if you need more info!

Joy

I live in Manteca (just south of Sacramento) and we have stayed at the Hawthorne Suites in Sacramento for a Girl Scout event. It is right off of 5 and they had a nice (and free) breakfast. It is also nearby some other restaurants. I think we paid $69 for the night.

Thanks....yes, that was the only place I could find for our size family and there wasn't anything else available at many other places. Ended up paying around $145.00 for a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen.

Thanks for the info. We will be driving down from Tacoma and also might stay in the area. How long is it to Anaheim from there? We'll have a 9,5 and 2 yr old with us, so we may have to make more stops.

You can go to mapquest and put in your address and your destination....DL and it will tell you how many miles and approx. how many hours. When are you traveling?

Once you leave Sacramento, if you don't have much traffic you've got about 6.5 to 7 hours to go...It's about 400 miles to Disneyland Resort. I've done the trip several times!

Joy's recommendation is a good one, I think. Both of those hotels are fairly new, too...built in the last two or three years.

hambirg said:
Thanks for the info. We will be driving down from Tacoma and also might stay in the area. How long is it to Anaheim from there? We'll have a 9,5 and 2 yr old with us, so we may have to make more stops.

HamBirg - We've made the drive from Marysville to Long Beach in 28 hours but I Really don't recommend it! Also, driving for a couple of hours then going to the Theme Park really stinks (I'm thinking about our trip from Marysville to Wild Waves). :rolleyes: If you can manage at all to get there the day before you start your touring you'll be more rested all the way around.
Lot's of rest stop stops and letting kids run off steam will definately take up more time, you may want to break your trip into more segments.
I sure hope you have a ton of fun!

If you go onto Priceline you should find yourself with nice accomdations,

I have stayed at naby of the Arden/Sacramento 3 star hotels and have been pleasantly pleased. $40 is my usual price,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter