Hotels that offer Express Pass?

sbd78

DIS Veteran
Hello, we are planning to try out the Universal Parks for the first time this Summer. Since I've never been to Universal either pre or post Covid, I was wondering how necessary it is to stay at one of the Deluxe hotels that offers free Express Pass? We are a family of 5 so it seems it would be more cost effective to stay in a deluxe hotel vs. buying Express Pass for each member of our family. Is Express Pass needed and worth it right now with any capacity limits still in place due to Covid? TIA.

Last edited:
Found this on rides that don't offer express pass.

The only rides that do not have Express access in either park are Jurassic World VelociCoaster, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure and Pteranodon Flyers at Universal's Islands of Adventure.

Found this on rides that don't offer express pass.

The only rides that do not have Express access in either park are Jurassic World VelociCoaster, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure and Pteranodon Flyers at Universal's Islands of Adventure.
It's important to note that pterandon flyers is ONLY available for those traveling and riding with small children. It stinks, cause it really is a fun ride. It loads super super slow, so I think they went with this option to reduce the number of people wanting to ride it

Hello, we are planning to try out the Universal Parks for the first time this Summer. Since I've never been to Universal either pre or post Covid, I was wondering how necessary it is to stay at one of the Deluxe hotels that offers free Express Pass? We are a family of 5 so it seems it would be more cost effective to stay in a deluxe hotel vs. buying Express Pass for each member of our family. Is Express Pass needed and worth it right now with any capacity limits still in place due to Covid? TIA.

You`ll want one of the hotels that offer EP.

Honestly, you won`t regret it. Even in so called quieter times, we are never without EP in the parks. It`s worth it`s weight in gold.

My advice would be to stay Deluxe and get Unlimited EP with it for everyone. Buying separate EP's for everyone is just too much $$$.

Things were different when there were only 3-4 onsite hotels and you could maybe get some rides in during onsite early entry. But now there are 8 onsite hotels, and a lot more people in the parks for early entry. Not to mention the current situation with supply and labor issues throughout the travel and leisure industries for the foreseeable future.
The parks will be hopping with high capacity and waits for awhile.

I read somewhere that the EP at these deluxe hotels are for 2 adults and 3 minors. We were planning on staying at the Portifino Bay and there are 5 adults. Now Im wondering if we will only be able to get 2 Express Passes since we are a group of 5 adults and no minors. Can anyone confirm this or did I get some incorrect information?

I read somewhere that the EP at these deluxe hotels are for 2 adults and 3 minors. We were planning on staying at the Portifino Bay and there are 5 adults. Now Im wondering if we will only be able to get 2 Express Passes since we are a group of 5 adults and no minors. Can anyone confirm this or did I get some incorrect information?
If the room can hold 4 adults. You get 4 adults passes.
I'm not sure if any rooms fit 5 adults.
You will be charged more for every adult over double occupancy, just like any other hotel.

You pay $45 per adult beyond 2 per room per night. If you book with the correct number of adults then your rate will be adjusted.

It is my understanding that each registered guest in the room all get EPs. Currently, I believe the deluxe resorts charge an extra $40 per adult per night beyond the included 2 adults.

Thank you for your reply to my question. I went ahead and called the hotel just to make sure. So you can have 5 adults in the room - the 5th will be on a Roll Away bed. The charge is $40 for the 5th adult and $38 for the roll away bed. I didn't think to ask tho for people that are booking the "throwaway booking" if you can have 5 adults and two queen beds and not have to pay for that roll away.

Thank you for your reply to my question. I went ahead and called the hotel just to make sure. So you can have 5 adults in the room - the 5th will be on a Roll Away bed. The charge is $40 for the 5th adult and $38 for the roll away bed. I didn't think to ask tho for people that are booking the "throwaway booking" if you can have 5 adults and two queen beds and not have to pay for that roll away.
I don't think the roll-away is required, as I've read of others bringing a blow-up air mattress to avoid the fee.

And just to clarify, you should have the $40 fee for adults 3 and 4 too in addition to adult 5. Still much better than buying separate EPs, but the additional fees make it so a second room might be a reasonable option...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter