housekeeping at OKW

Laurel

Earning My Ears
I was reading some other posts and I am concerned about the amount of complaints of poor housekeeping at OKW. Our last trip was in a grandvilla with alot of family, Oct. 2000. We found the villa to be quite dirty upon check-in. I complained immediately and all of us were very impressed with how fast we had action from those in charge down to maid service and maintenance. Our entry was piled high with trash when we goty there, the kitchen was very dirty, crumbs in the silverware, dirty dishes in the cupboard, full trash bins, dirty counter tops and food left in the cupboards,dirty refrigerator. The hardwood floor was also full of dust and hair. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean, but some of the furniture was broken. Disney had everything cleaned frome top to bottom and all repairs made within several hours, they also provided us with free housekkeeping on everyday of our vacation. Did any of you people who had problems with housekeeping complain? What action was taken? Obviously, if these type of problems ar still occurring now and my trip was almost a year ago not much has been done to permanently rectify the problem. Now I'm concerned about my next trip. Has anyone had cleaning problems at any of the other vacation club resorts?

We have stayed a HH, BWV and a number of times at OKW. Likewise our kids have stayed at several of the WDC resorts. Never had a serious problem. Some small stuff that was quickly taken care of. WE really don't tolerate bad housekeeping. But the problems have been very minor. Sorry you had a problem but glad they responded quickly.

We were at OKW 10 days ago and our room was spotless. Whle I'm sure there are situations where the cleanliness is questionable, we have never had a dirty room.

As you pointed out, the time to complain is upon arrival. That way a supervisor can confirm the problem and direct attention to a fast correction- often with some compensation for the inconvenienced guest.

I tend to look at these situations as the exception- NOT the rule. The fact that there are reports here of problems is certainly a concern, but most people won't report the times the room was clean- since we all expect that to be the case. Thus, the negatives are sometimes assumed to be the normal experience- when they are actually a rare occurrence.

Disney in general and OKW in particular is very conscious of the image portrayed by the appearance of the resort. If you ever have a concern, PLEASE let someone know who can correct the problem.

When we arrived at OKW on our last trip (July) our room was spotless. The only compaint I had was that on Trash and towel day we only got new towels. They were placed on the couch. The trash was never emptied. We had to empty it ourselves and it appeared others had to also. The trash bins outside our building were full and people placed trash bags on the ground next to the bins.

I suppose I should have called and said something but it really didn't bother me too much....

In the past we have always had impeccably clean rooms. On our last trip, 10 nights in December, we could not get into our room until after 5:00 pm because the previous occupants had made such a mess! The carpets were still damp from cleaning etc. We could tell they had done a LOT of heavy cleaning to get it ready. I am sure there are cases where something goes unfinished. It sounds like your room had lots of problems, so maybe they were saving it for later and more help that never came. Glad you called it to someones attention and that they fixed it and gave you additional free cleaning service also.

We had a few issues during our most recent trip. The first one was unemptied garbage cans under the counter in the kitchen upon checkin. A phone call resolved this. We also had a problem with the very small ants on the counters, which in 10 years going to OKW I had not seen. That didn't bother me as much, because I realize that it is Florida and that kind of thing happens even in the cleanest houses. We called and they came out and sprayed around the building, but as my wife is expecting we requested that they didn't fumigate the unit until we left and they of course complied. They told us due to the extreme amounts of rain Central Florida is getting now, it drives the ants and other things indoors. Oh well. Like I said, nothing major and nothing left unresolved, but problems I had not experienced in 10 years of OKW vacations....

I agree with Doc though, if you notice anything less than satisfactory upon checkin, you really should mention it immediately. Disney and OKW are always quick to try and fix any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter