• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housekeeping when reserving DVC through the Disney website

UnderneathAMagicMoon

Mouseketeer
Apologies because I feel like this has probably been asked before, but I can’t think of what to type in to search the question.

I just wanted to confirm that if I reserve a DVC studio through the Disney website, that housekeeping will be provided on the same schedule as it is for resort guests (as opposed to DVC guests.) I’m assuming so as I’m reserving through the Disney site? I figured it was probably better to ask and be certain though. I’m reserving the room for family members and know they will want the housekeeping.

Just to add, we stayed at OKW last fall and one day we never received housekeeping. It wasn’t a big deal, we figured maybe they mixed us up with points that day? It didn’t matter since we roughly make our beds every morning anyway…we just like having our dirty towels replaced (even if we hung them up, they were always replaced) and definitely the trash emptied.

Just to add, we stayed at OKW last fall and one day we never received housekeeping. It wasn’t a big deal, we figured maybe they mixed us up with points that day? It didn’t matter since we roughly make our beds every morning anyway…we just like having our dirty towels replaced (even if we hung them up, they were always replaced) and definitely the trash emptied.
Honestly I am a little worried about that! Will be going at a slow time though so hopefully things won’t be hectic for housekeeping.

Honestly I am a little worried about that! Will be going at a slow time though so hopefully things won’t be hectic for housekeeping.
Yiu can always call housekeeping and “remind” them that your room needs servicing and see if they’ll arrange a time when you’ll be out. With the exception of the one day that was missed, the housekeeping we did receive was excellent!

My daughter and I stayed at Riviera on a cash reservation and received daily mousekeeping. In fact, we had come back from the park one day for a rest and they hadn't yet been to the room...we put the 'do not disturb' sign out so we could take a short nap and received a call from mousekeeping as they had seen the sign, but wanted to know if we still wanted the room made up. They asked us what time we would be leaving, and promised to return while we were out...they did as they promised.

Wow! Not cool!
Nope. And we tipped decently daily ($10 for a studio with 2 neat people). Got apologies, but not service! Just when I was about to call to raise the issue, we would come back to the room and it had been made up, so I didn't. Then it would repeat itself and would hope it would be done when we returned. 50% of the time it was not. Granted, a lot of the days we wouldn't leave the room until between 10-11am (that's how we knew room checks were being done because they showed up!), but I told them that when I called. Hopefully better this next stay. I like coming back to a nice clean room with the beds made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter