How are the crowds in Sept and Oct?

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
We usually go in Nov but have schedule conflicts so are going earlier. We have not been in 3 yrs so need help on crowds in Sept.
We would go to parks on Th,Fri, maybe Sat.

From what I heard, if you go after Labor Day, the crowds are pretty light. Though, I don't know about October.

September tends to be fairly light, with heavier crowds on the weekends. You might have to use FP's, but the lines won't be obscenely long. The Haunted Mansion is closed for the Holiday overlay throughout September, re-opening on the first Friday in October. There's normally an event for this, but I hear that this year there will be no event. Also, the first weekend in October is Gay Days, so crowds are heavier then, and the Disney hotels are normally pretty booked that weekend.

Of course, the anniversary could throw all of this out the window. :flower:

October is a good time to go pretty much throughout the month. Just check the refurb. schedule so you don't miss too many at the same time if possible. The weather is grwat then too!

Living in Las Vegas while growing up, my parents always took us in October yearly, so as I had my own family we went yearly in October as well. First at the end of the month, then the middle, and then in the beginning. From what I have noticed, and other friends who usually go in October too, is it has been getting more and more crowded in October. I think people are finding out it is a nice weather time to go. I am trying September, but not expecting much due to the 50th, and the last time I have gone has been in 2002 (Oct.), so it has been awhile....and last time in September, 1991! WOW I am expecting the worst so that I wont be disappointed with anything! :)

We are looking to go in October of next year (never too early to start looking.) Somebody said that the weather is great but what are the temps like? We went a few years ago in May and it was very cool to me. I was glad I had packed jeans!!

Thank you
Angela

The beginning of October is pretty crowded becasue of the Haunted Mansion Holiday opening and Gay Days, but mid and late October are great! We were there a couple of years ago and the weather was so nice (probably high 70's) and there were no crowds.

But, as someone else said, this year is tricky to determine becasue of the 50th. We are going mid October and I am hoping for low crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter