• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How busy are Fridays in February?

Triton

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

I'm going to be at Disneyland on Feb 10th, but I'm having some trouble figuring out if it will be a busy or slow day. Some sites say that since it's low season and a weekday, it should be fairly slow (although busier than midweek), while others say it'll have weekend traffic levels.

I've been to WDW plenty, but only once before to Disneyland. Can someone more familiar with the area help me figure out what traffic will be like that day?

Thank you very much!

Hi Triton,
Fridays are always busy....but that said, you are right that it is off season and a full week before the Presidents Day Holiday visitors. From my experience, the morning will be slow and as the day progresses it will get more crowded. By parade & fireworks time it will probably be pretty packed. I would try to be there at park opening and utilize FP as much as possible. Have a wonderful trip and welcome to the DIZ :wave2:

lulubelle,

Thank you very much for your help! It's good to be here. I assume things start to pick up after school gets out for the day. Is that fairly accurate or does it start to get busy earlier than that?

Would Thursday be a better choice? I opted against because of the shorter hours and no fireworks, but if it is significantly better, maybe I should do it instead.

This is my personal opinion, but although it is definitely more crowded on Fridays at Disneyland, nothing would keep me from getting to see the fireworks. That was a highlight of the trip for me! :wizard: So if it is between a fireworks day and a non fireworks day, I would go with the fireworks day. Just go prepared, and expecting higher crowds, and you should be fine!

When we were there on Friday in September (a very slow time), the other poster was correct. The morning was more do-able, and the later it got, the more crowded it got. We went over to California Adventures in the afternoon, and by the time we were heading back to Disneyland at about 5:30 for Fantasmic later on, the turnstiles' lines were all the way back to the California letters in the main courtyard. I had never seen it so long, but it went fairly quickly. They were all mostly locals coming for Fantasmic and/or the fireworks that night. And the later in the evening it got, the longer that line became. Just make sure if you exit the park, to get back in Disneyland before 5 or so.
HTH! :teeth:

I agree with Michelle. The fireworks will absolutely be the highlight of the entire day. If I could only pick one day, it would be a firework day. Just be prepared to stake a spot out early. Grab a snack and relax. Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter