How can you get Disney Character Autographs without visiting Disneyland?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have always wanted to get some Disney character autographs and I want to know how to get them without visiting Disneyland? Because I do know that the characters send birthday cards and get well cards to children and people who can't make it to the park and I would like to know how you can request character autographs from Disneyland? Do you have to write Disneyland and request what character autographs you'd like? The autographs I would like to have are Black Panther's autograph Princess Tiana's autograph Merida's autograph and Iron Man and Tinker Bell's autographs for my mom

Disneyland is closed and has been closed since March 2020. There are no character meet and greets at Downtown Disney in California.

I have never heard of just being able to write to Disney to request character autographs.

Even when Disneyland re opens, there wont be character meets and autographs for a long while. Walt Disney World in Florida is open, but there are no character meets and they are not doing autographs. You can only see characters at a distance, either at a building window, a balcony, on a stage, on a float etc etc.

Google search pulled up instructions, but link is blocked here. Just Google: Disney autographs by mail.

Some of the characters you mention (Iron Man, for one) don't actually meet at all (that may change when the Avengers Campus opens). I don't know if you can get their autographs.

I didn’t know this existed! I’d love to hear the experience of someone who has done it. Seems like a fun way to get some Disney magic while DL is closed.
Want to try it as an experiment for the team? Pick a character and let us know what happens, e.g. how long it took, what you received back, any other details, etc. Investigative reporting at its finest! ;)

Now if you were to write to Disneyland and ask for character autographs on the postcard will it be a real character autograph or just printed on the card? My mom has been trying to get me an autographed birthday card from Ian And Barley from Onward for my birthday but she hasn't figured out how to ask for one

Or, you could just write the name of the character yourself. We do realize these characters are not real? 😜
My mom used to do this with me when we would go to Disneyland when we were not able to meet certain characters and Mom would get my Disney Plushies and they would "sign" their autographs in my book for me and it was just as cute as meeting the Real McCoy in the parks without having to wait in line for characters and then my plushies would always end the "meet and greets" with a nice hug and a nap with me. Your idea sounds awesome MonocularVision I'll suggest it to my mom and most likely I bet she will say yes

My mom found where you can request Disney Character autographs by mail but it says you have to write a letter not email Disney to request character autographs. I cannot figure this out and have a hard decision to make. Should Mom write a letter to Disney to do this or just have my Disney plushies "sign" their autographs in my notebook?

Has anyone done the mail in request for autographs? I'm wondering if that could be a cool hype-generation for my family. We've got a big celebratory trip planned for June 2022, to celebrate our youngest turning 5. Because I'm completely terrible at keeping Disney secrets, and because we've got for all the other 5th birthdays, she knows the trip is coming, but it will be several months after her actual birthday, and it is a bit hard for someone that age to understand. I'm trying to think of ways to tie-in the trip to her actual birthday (end of March), without building up TOO much hype, but to help her feel special and to pass the time before actual trip. Getting mail from Disneyland would definitely be special for her!

Has anyone done the mail in request for autographs? I'm wondering if that could be a cool hype-generation for my family. We've got a big celebratory trip planned for June 2022, to celebrate our youngest turning 5. Because I'm completely terrible at keeping Disney secrets, and because we've got for all the other 5th birthdays, she knows the trip is coming, but it will be several months after her actual birthday, and it is a bit hard for someone that age to understand. I'm trying to think of ways to tie-in the trip to her actual birthday (end of March), without building up TOO much hype, but to help her feel special and to pass the time before actual trip. Getting mail from Disneyland would definitely be special for her!
On another board, people ask the regulars to get postcards signed, then mail them to the kids. Now that passes are back in play, maybe someone could mail you some autographs? Or, you can try the mail request and let us know what happens! ;)
Also, how long after her birthday are your trip dates? You could make a sort of countdown calendar (like an Advent Calendar) for her which starts on her birthday to help her count down from her special day to your departure (or park arrival) date. Then she'll be able to mark off each day until she gets to DL.

On another board, people ask the regulars to get postcards signed, then mail them to the kids. Now that passes are back in play, maybe someone could mail you some autographs? Or, you can try the mail request and let us know what happens! ;)
Also, how long after her birthday are your trip dates? You could make a sort of countdown calendar (like an Advent Calendar) for her which starts on her birthday to help her count down from her special day to your departure (or park arrival) date. Then she'll be able to mark off each day until she gets to DL.

Oh I love the idea of a countdown calendar! It'll be just over 2 months though, so that might be long. Maybe I'll do a 'week' count down for the first month. When we get closer to her birthday I'll try the mail - can't hurt :D

Can you also get character autographs from ShopDisney too as well? Because you might think in addition to ShopDisney selling autograph books they would also sell the character autograph cards with the real actual character autographs on them like Disneyland has. I still am hunting for character autographs but I still wish Disneyland could offer guests character autographs by mail along with a personalized letter and photo because I would like to get some autographs of my Marvel crushes and it would be so cool

I am still on the hunt to get character autographs from Disneyland but still haven't had no luck trying to get autographs from characters direct from the park. My mom tried emailing Disney for information but hasn't had no response back from them about character autographs. If only there was a way for people to contact the characters other than writing a letter just by emailing them for an autographed picture and an autograph itself to be mailed to them for kids I think it would be easier to do then just going into Disneyland directly. I still am wishing to have Star Lord's autograph and photo and also Doctor Strange's autograph and photo too. Should I keep trying to get autographs by mail or just forget about it for now?

Could you also get character autographs from Disney+ customer service as well? My mom has been trying and trying to get me my Marvel autographs by mail but she tried emailing Disney and has never gotten a response back and so I can't figure out or find any other way to request character autographs of Marvel characters or other Disney characters. You might think that Disneyland would come up with a way for people to get character autographs by mail with a personalized letter for kids or anybody without visiting the parks. Where else could my mom try for character autographs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter