How do I know if Safari is open for AM EMH?

The Disney site says it should be open for EMH, subject to availability (whatever that means), not very helpful.
I would think it would show up in MDE at RD.

We were there last week. Both days at AK they said the safari opens at 9am no matter when the park opens

Interesting. We were there on Memorial Day Weekend and did RD for 7am EMH... we did FOP first, then the Safari second, and it was only like 7:20am. Maybe it was due to the holiday weekend? It was very early, I know it was before 8am. This was on Saturday the 26th.

In March it did not open for EMH. It was EMH 7-8 and safari opened right at 8.

But you CANNOT trust MDE! It showed a 10 minute wait time during EMH, but when you got to the entrance CMs were there with ropes. I got on the second truck to leave and you could tell a lot of animals had just been let out (African wild dogs running around getting their scents on everything, Giraffes all collected in one area eating).

We’ve done EMH twice at AK (once in June 2016 and once June 2018). Both times the safari was open for EMH

In March it did not open for EMH. It was EMH 7-8 and safari opened right at 8.

But you CANNOT trust MDE! It showed a 10 minute wait time during EMH, but when you got to the entrance CMs were there with ropes. I got on the second truck to leave and you could tell a lot of animals had just been let out (African wild dogs running around getting their scents on everything, Giraffes all collected in one area eating).

This was our experience in March as well. We saw so many animals we had never seen before being on one of the first trucks, so I really want to try for this again on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter