• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do we feed the Dolphins at SW?

CuteKatCar

DIS Veteran
My daughter just loves dolphins. We have gone back and forth about DC, but the price is just too high. We are going to wait until she's older.

Anyway, I want to make sure she at least gets a chance to feed the dolphins. How do you go about doing that? Do you sign up or just show up? Is it mobbed with people?

Thanks for advice,

Anna
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

You just show up to the Key West area, and buy the fish food. 4 fish costs $4. It comes in a little paper cup. Buy 3 or 4 of these because they go fast.
The dolphins are in this huge pool, with a ledge around it. The people lean over the ledge holding the fish up. The dolphins come up, you pet them under their nostrum (nose), then drop the fish in. If you don't give them the fish, they splash you, it's funny.

Once all the fish food is sold, that's it, the window closes for about an hour. You'll see the posted times on the window.
A good time to visit is between 2 and 3pm, because a trainer comes out with a bucket of food, and feeds certain dolphins.

A large crowd forms along the ledge. It's a good idea to have someone stake out a spot, while someone else buys the food. Once people give out all their food, the crowd leaves, but then returns an hour later for the next feeding.

During the intermission times, you can go underground and view the dolphins behind a huge glass wall. It's air conditioned and a nice break.

One time, my daughter and I stayed there from 3-5pm, and I spent like $30 on food.

My kids just did this on our trip as well.

Remember you can also feed the sea lions and seals as well.

My daughter did get to touch the dolphin, same with my son.

We bought two trays, and they had their own tray.

robvia is right about the time, that is the same time I went and the trainer did come out, but get a spot early, people swarm over, and do shove around a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter