How do you carry your itinerary with you around the parks?

Has anyone noticed that if you try to take a Photo ( I was using my iPhone) of the wait times and clock at attractions... the numbers scroll, making one UNable to get a photo??
Is that Disney’s way of blocking pix of crazy, 210 minute waits at rides like FOP, like we saw??
( just realized thread title... guess I went from itineraries to wait times, oops)
Curious none the less

I ended up taking photos of it. I had so many problems getting onto MDE in the park. I also printed out a copy, and conveniently left it on my printer at home.

Hard copy hole punched in a folder with the little metal prongs to hold it in place. I keep one for our master schedule, our fastpasses, our meals and credits if we do DDP, and a list of attractions we are interested in in each park. I do it all in excel, I love having color coded spreadsheets! It's also great for DH and DD because they don't keep track of it all like I do so I can just let them look over my schedule to see what we've got going on for that day.

Last edited:
I love reading everyone's different methods! I think I might steal the lock screen idea, that is a really good tip. I'll probably be back on here to post a pic of mine when I'm done with it.

I have a Google Doc that is shared with my family, so everyone can see it. It has every aspect of the trip organized in it. Budget, hotel reservation confirmations, ADR's, FP+, addresses, phone numbers, links to pertinent websites. Lists of drinks available at the parks, and where they are located. Stores we might want to look in at Disney Springs. Anything you could imagine, all in one document, which can be viewed on any of our phones, or tablets.

And still, every day, the kids (23, and 14 mind you) and occasionally even my wife, will ask me things like where are we eating supper? What time is supper? What rides do we have FP+ for today? What park are we going to tomorrow? Just goes to show, you NEVER win lol.

Our itinerary often depends on which bus shows up next o_O

No notes necessary for that.

Everything else I would ever need to review (Park hours, wait times, etc.) will be in the MDE app.

I make color-coded itineraries for each day of our trip. These are 8.5 x 5.5 (half of letter-size paper and include itinerary with ADR confirmation numbers, treats we may wish to try, show times, FP+ info, etc. I slip these into top-loading mini binder sheet protectors, with one facing out on each side of the protector. I used to also put a map and a sheet with monorail information in a sheet protector, as well. Each day, I would carry with me the current day's and the following two day's itineraries with me, and I attach these to my purse/bag with a carabiner. This method works so well for me. I can quickly access and view it without the need to dig through a bag. I have had so many people stop me to ask about it, but I don't know if they're impressed or secretly laughing at me.

I'm just curious what others do as far as referring to their itinerary throughout their trip. Do you have a digital version on your phone? Do you print out a hard copy and carry around with you? If you have a hard copy, what size is it and how do you keep it from getting worn/ripped from constantly referring to it? I have a couple ideas of what I might do, but I'm interested in hearing/seeing what others do. Feel free to post pics if you have any!

ETA: Personally, I am a very visual and tactile person so I like the idea of having a physical itinerary to refer to. I'm a graphic designer so it's fun for me to create a cool layout and have it laid out exactly how I want to. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. I want to be able to have enough room for notes here and there throughout the days, so it can't be too small. I might get a little half size notebook of some sort to add pages and keep in my backpack. Not really sure if what I'm imagining even exists!
I advised against an actual notebook. That is more than you need to carry. If you want to carry something physical for reminders about the day - make it a single sheet of paper. If I have one, its credit card sized and hence, with my cards so it doesn't get beat up. If you want something up to the size of standard sheet of paper - the plastic sheet protectors are simple and low tech for those of us who don't laminate at home. And "pretty" becomes SO much less important once you are ON the vacation. Yes - colors/graphics can help make the planning fun for those who like to do that stuff - but simple/functional is most important during each day of the vacation.

I have mde and touring plans but I made 4x6 laminated card that have all my flightinfo, fp+ and adr and on the other side it has the fuel rod locations and all the snacks we want to try. Our 6 day trip fits all on 1 side . Posted a photo of the non fp side cuz it has all our confirmation numbers on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_135833.jpg
    IMG_20180430_135833.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
For each day we do a laminated sheet that is half the size of 8 1/2 x 11 letter paper. Kept in the outside pocket of our backpack. It is usually filled (front and back) with details like arrival time, ride order, fp's, ADR's, etc. Since we have kids, I put a fun graphic beside each ride / restaurant / show we'd like to hit. This helps the 'non-readers' to know what we're doing. They like to look at the sheet while we're waiting in line or for parades, etc., to know what's happening next.

'Fly by the seat of our pants' works well for some people, but this level of planning avoids fighting in our group as to what to do next. We plan it all at home together, print it out, and are much less stressed when we get down there. If a ride breaks down or a wait is too long, we simply skip it and go on to the next plan on our list.

I make color-coded itineraries for each day of our trip. These are 8.5 x 5.5 (half of letter-size paper and include itinerary with ADR confirmation numbers, treats we may wish to try, show times, FP+ info, etc. I slip these into top-loading mini binder sheet protectors, with one facing out on each side of the protector. I used to also put a map and a sheet with monorail information in a sheet protector, as well. Each day, I would carry with me the current day's and the following two day's itineraries with me, and I attach these to my purse/bag with a carabiner. This method works so well for me. I can quickly access and view it without the need to dig through a bag. I have had so many people stop me to ask about it, but I don't know if they're impressed or secretly laughing at me.
This sounds so close to what I'm thinking of doing... I've been looking at some 8.5x5.5 binders online, trying to find one that are as slim as possible. I won't have a huge amount of pages but the ones I keep finding have rings that seem very big for the size of the binder itself.

I LOVE your idea of clipping the itinerary to your bag, I might steal that idea!

I use the MDE app to use my itinerary. I also remember a lot of it from planning so much the six months prior. I also have it all written on a google spreadsheet and can pull that up on my phone whenever I need it.

We have a color coded spreadsheet for planning before the trip, but when we're at the parks we usually just use MDE.

I use screenshots on my phone too. I type out all of my confirmation numbers a, etc. in the notes app and screenshot the itineraries I make on touringplans.

IMG_2382.PNG

I create a chart that fits on a single sheet of paper. I print several copies. Everyone in the party gets one. We fold them up and keep them in our pockets. It's worked well for us for the last 15 years, regardless of how technology changes.

My only "itinerary" are my 3 FP+ and the very few ADRs we make ahead of time so I just use the MDE app on my phone. Other than that we don't need anything.

I print it out in small print on 2 reg sz letter pages and staple together. I fold it into squares and tuck into the back of my park bag for easy use. I just refold it every few days so I can see my detailed itinerary at a glance. It saves the juice on my phone so I can dedicate the phone to finding new FP. Also so much faster to just glance at a folded piece of paper than power up or scroll through the phone esp when walking. It has held up fine w/o plastic. I print one extra copy & keep it buried in the bottom of my park bag so if I lose one copy, I have another. Has worked like a charm for more than 6 trips. Why change a good thing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter