How do you get from your DVC resort....

melk

DIS Veteran
...to another resort? There will be 10 of us at OKW, but no car. We would like to take our family over to Beaches and Cream for the kitchen sink, over to AKL to go to Boma, and possibly a trip over to the Wilderness Lodge (not all on the same day of course;) ). There aren't buses that go directly to other resorts, are there?

Thank you!!(as you can see, normally we rent a car so this isn't an issue)

To get 10 people to another resort I would suggest getting one of the passenger van taxi's. :grouphug: I have taken a taxi from the GF to the SSR spa and my cost was roughly $20. It may cost you a bit more with that many people, but I feel the convenience would be worth it. (Plus it will save you at least an hour if not more)

Now for the return trip I would just suggest taking the bus to Downtown Disney and transferring to a OKW bus or water taxi. (This is assuming you are in no hurry on your way back)

I would try to coordinate your dining with your park visits. Do Boma after an afternoon at AK. Then you can always hop to another park from AKL after dinner or take a cab one way.

Same with Beaches & Cream, try to coordinate with Epcot or MGM as you can walk to the BC.

I would try to coordinate your dining with your park visits. Do Boma after an afternoon at AK. Then you can always hop to another park from AKL after dinner or take a cab one way.

Same with Beaches & Cream, try to coordinate with Epcot or MGM as you can walk to the BC.

if your in no hurry, I would take a bus to MGM then either walk to the BC or take the boat. lots to see. if you walk you go by the BWV then walk around the lake and enjoy :goodvibes

From MGM you can also take the boat if you don't care to walk. You can also take the DTD bus and then change to a bus to the resort of your choice. It takes a little time but is not too bad after Typhoon Lagoon closes since all DTD buses also stop there. You could take the boat from OkW to DTD and then catch a bus to another resort from there. I agree with trying to plan it so you are at the park nearest where you want to eat that day and then take the bus from there. We did this a number of times Christmas week and it worked quite well.

...to another resort? There will be 10 of us at OKW, but no car. We would like to take our family over to Beaches and Cream for the kitchen sink, over to AKL to go to Boma, and possibly a trip over to the Wilderness Lodge (not all on the same day of course;) ). There aren't buses that go directly to other resorts, are there?

Thank you!!(as you can see, normally we rent a car so this isn't an issue)
Best bet for Beaches and cream is bus to MGM then a nice boat ride to BC. for Boma you can take a bus or boat from OKW to DTD then bus to AKL. If you get done late you won't be able to return from BC to MGM via boat you will have to bus to DTD and then either boat or bus to OKW. :wizard:

I agree that for the BC you should just walk over from either EPCOT or take the boat from MGM. For the AKL I would take a bus from whatever park you are at during the day to the AKL. Or if you will be at OKW, you could head over to DTD and take the bus from there. Then after dinner head out to wherever it is that you are going to that evening and from there take the bus back to OKW.

Good luck planning.

HBC

Stay at SSR. You can catch a direct bus to any resort from DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter