How do you get through..

LifeIsTinkIsLife

Mouseketeer
Waiting? I can't believe how bad I want to go to DL right now. I have to baby sit tonight but I am seriously considering backing out and driving to Disneyland tonight. I have had a horrible couple of weeks and it just feels like a need right now! Haha. What do you do to get your Disney fix... at HOME!:)

Waiting? I can't believe how bad I want to go to DL right now. I have to baby sit tonight but I am seriously considering backing out and driving to Disneyland tonight. I have had a horrible couple of weeks and it just feels like a need right now! Haha. What do you do to get your Disney fix... at HOME!:)

I look at the DL picture of the day thread. I also look at all the other photo threads on the Dis. It does help a lot. I watch our videos we take on our vacation. Like last night, I watched Fantasmic from my September trip and I got teary eyed. We got to see the new Dragon the first night he actually appeared. He didn't breathe fire that night, but it was so awesome. People started cheering when they knew the show was a little different than what was playing all summer long. We all knew Murphy was making his appearance that night (or at least we had a strong suspicion) because the had several vip areas roped off. So yeah, watching the videos and reliving the events that way, looking at the photos, seeing things that even now as many times as I've been there, I may have missed...those things help me get through the waiting until the next trip...:flower3:

Someone mentioned the live 365 radio station online that has a bunch of disney channels on it-- I liked the fast pass one but now it's VIP- and that helped-- but it also made me miss it terribly, especially when the dreams come true fireworks music came on. Just reading the boards is almost like being there- I mean you are living through other peoples reality. I love news about the parks too- I live for Al Lutz's updates. Every time we are on the freeway coming home from Portland or somewhere it's almost automatic when we get close to home for me to get out the gps and program Disneyland in it. "Look we can be there by 2pm tomorrow, let's just keep going Thelma."

Aww, I saw Remember dreams come true on youtube and I started crying too. I always look back to me and my boyfriends week long trip back in may. the best time I have ever had with him, hands down. :love: I remember looking up in the sky and just being able to feel the magic. I don't know what it is about that place. But I have a feeling (seeing a lot of people on here mostly) that I will never get over it. My friends think we're cooks but it's something we love. Just the other day, I was laughing SOOO hard. I had the IJ theme song on in the truck, and we were playing along (turning fast, turning the ac from high to low really fast, and narowly avoiding the visor, or big round rock :lmao:). But then at the end of the song, we both said at the exact same time, "Not bad... for tourists." and then, "If you drank too much water from the fountain of youth, we'd be happy to assist you with strollers HAHA." and I could not stop laughing. It's the best having someone who loves DL like me! Having the Dis here is a lot of help to me. I also like seeing the picture of the day and everyone's trip reports and everything. I love how I found this site! Best ever. :cool1:

Aww, I saw Remember dreams come true on youtube and I started crying too. I always look back to me and my boyfriends week long trip back in may. the best time I have ever had with him, hands down. :love: I remember looking up in the sky and just being able to feel the magic. I don't know what it is about that place. But I have a feeling (seeing a lot of people on here mostly) that I will never get over it. My friends think we're cooks but it's something we love. Just the other day, I was laughing SOOO hard. I had the IJ theme song on in the truck, and we were playing along (turning fast, turning the ac from high to low really fast, and narowly avoiding the visor, or big round rock :lmao:). But then at the end of the song, we both said at the exact same time, "Not bad... for tourists." and then, "If you drank too much water from the fountain of youth, we'd be happy to assist you with strollers HAHA." and I could not stop laughing. It's the best having someone who loves DL like me! Having the Dis here is a lot of help to me. I also like seeing the picture of the day and everyone's trip reports and everything. I love how I found this site! Best ever. :cool1:

You be careful driving like that! Lol--sidenote--I remember making the car 'dance' the Aretha Franklins Respect once with daughter in car lol. :rolleyes1

Since I live across the pond in Europe, far away from DL or WDW, I can't "just drive out" to the parks. I wish I could, but at least I can fly over once a year or every other year, around that.

Here's what I do to get my Disney fix:

Watching videos on Youtube, on-ride videos, or from kids that meet characters (always sooo adorable:goodvibes). Just type in stuff like "Splash Mountain" or "meeting Mickey Mouse" and you'll get tons of clips.

- Similar to the above, one can do the same by searching and looking at Disney-related photos. Go to sites like flickr.com (I have my vacation photos there) and type in something Disneyland-related, for example "Sleeping Beauty Castle", or the name of your favorite attraction, etc.

- I watch a classic Disney movie from time to time. The Jungle Book is one of my all-time faves since I was a child. Puts a big smile on my face everytime Baloo tells Mowgli about the "Bare Necessities":)

- Have a look at the character pics in my autograph book, remembering these precious moments.

- Browsing the Disboards of course, looking for character pics, shots of Main Street w/the castle, etc.

- And right now I'm busy with planning the 1st trip over to WDW.

All fabulous ways to deal with Disney absence...
I can't make it to Disneyland every year, and sometimes only every OTHER year... But in the meantime I watch a lot of Disney movies, visit the DIS boards all the time, watch vacation movies we've made on previous trips (my DB videotaped almost everything last time!), and check out YouTube and such. But the best way I know is scrapbooking and stuff like that. I get to revisit my photos and play with them and share them so often! I just finished a mini-album for DB of a funny face he made at every meal there. And I listen to a LOT of Disney music. When I was there for the 50th anniversary I got the CD for it, and I listen to that ALL of the time when I am working at my computer or marking papers or scrapbooking... That one is my favourite for a Disneyland fix, because it has almost all the songs from my favourite rides. I also check out the Disneyland website and "plan" trips all the time (if we were to go this long weekend, it would only cost..."):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter