How do you handle Disney withdrawal?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Since Oct 14th Ive been battling my addiction to Disney and everything Disney. We just spent 9 wonderful nights at Wilderness Lodge Oct 5-14. How do you handle the withdrawal? We are most likely not returning to WDW till Oct 2003. We did however just buy into Disney Vacation club. We are planning on Disney Cruise Dec 2002 and in 4 weeks I leave for NCL cruise to Cozumel. But how do I handle the withdrawal?

What always works for me is planning the next trip. Hopefully as a DVC member you will now be able to take the "unexpected" trip often!

I was at Disney around the same time you were-Oct 6-14 and I have visited the Disney store in the mall more often then ever! Also, looking at the video of our trip helps, showing the pictures and being able to describe them to people. Slowly but surely, its getting out of my system. But I have a question- what exactly does the Disney Vacation club do for you? Is it just for accomodations? I looked at the site and was confused. I'm looking for a Disney savings plan where we can put money away monthly, with a predetermined time to revisit Disney again next year. I want to go yearly, but making my own savings plan is too hard, so I want to join a club where I know by next year the trip would be paid for-accomodations and tickets. Any advice?

I come here and plan my next trip! :D

The DVC only provides you with the accomodations that are paid out over time. It does not include a way to pay for park tickets in advance. At least not that I know of.

I have also just recently bought into the DVC and feel that it is a great investment. Now I know I will be going back often. I had always just assumed that it was very expensive and had never asked but although it is significant it allows you to have your accomodations paid for over a period as you mentioned and I basically would have already paid it off with what I have paid to stay in much less accomodations, i.e. Holiday Inns, Howard Johnson, even Coronado Springs can't compare to the Wilderness Lodge Villas.

If you are intersted you can visit the DVC board and ask away. The people there are very knowledgable about the DVC and are always thrilled to answer quetions. It would definitely worth asking about. I would go into more but this probably isn't the appropriate board. If you would like you can e-mail me and I would be happy to answer your questions.

I don't think you can recover from the withdrawals. I was there in July and August and can't quit thinking about going back.

I'mgoingtodisney--I'm going to be there the same time as you, in October 2003. We have some other similarities too. We were there the same as you this past trip. And we are taking an NCL trip too, only in March to Hawaii. But, I'm also going to WDW the end of November 2002, with a friend for 6 days. When exactly are you going in October 2003? We're going the last week.

I handle it by planning the next trip...:) But if I can't do that, then I watch my vacation planning videos or video from our last trip, or look at pictures. Visiting the Disney Store also helps too! (I also live like 15 min. away from DL, so I go there, but that wouldn't work for you....)

Disnee Dad Says.......................................................................I have a special medicine that helps me keep my disney disease in check!! My problem is last night my wife hid it, and I'm already losing control! Just one day and Ive already called to see about upgrading our six day pass into an annual pass!! With AP We can see the Osborne Lights November 16,and 17. Must get AP! Must see the lights! Help me!:jester: :bounce: :crazy:

You may not want to hear this, but........ move to Florida!!! I love living 3-4 hrs away! We are buying season passes and today I told my DH "won't it be great when you come home from work some Friday and I have our bags packed to go...." 9 days and counting!!! Also, Jan, Feb, and May trips in the works!!!

The idea of moving to FL has crossed my mind. My MIL has a winter home in FL and spends her summers at her home on Cape Cod. I'd like to plan another trip to FL (even if we dont do Disney) over April vacation.

we go to the disney store and then I get online with disney sights and start planning the next vacation for myself or someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter