How do you "work"

Mrs.Charming

Mouseketeer
For the completed page swap I am in three different groups. Two I am working on and one I have supplies but haven't started yet. Since this is my first time doing something like this I am wondering if the way I am working is the best way. I have been making one full 2 pg. layout (to make sure the idea in my head works) then I am going back and making all the elements for the other 4 sets and assembling them like an assembly line.

How do y'all work?

I am not in the page swap, but that is basically how I work as well. I do one complete swap piece first. I call it my "experiment". Adjust anything I do not like and then I begin to assemble one piece x # in group. That way I am not going back 6 times for the same thing.

With my swaps I work out what I am going to do, maybe roughly (and I do mean roughly!) sketching the shapes/elements and noting what colours/papers I might use. If there's something I need to print, i do that next (or cut any shapes/letter I need) then cut the cardstock/paper and put each set of pieces in a bag, in a larger bag for each group - so i'll have a bag of journal box pieces, a bag of photo mat pieces etc.) Sometimes I have no idea how I am going to embellish, sometimes I know from the start, so i will add any ribbons, brads etc to the bigger bag. Then when I have time I'll work on a set of elements at a time. I don't make up a rough, but I will stick the first one together before completing any other stages on individual layers so i know they work. As each group is complete I bag them up ready, so once I've done the last group its just packing and posting.

I generally get my rough sdketching done (sometimes it means choosing some files and setting them up for my craftrobo to cut. Then I do the cutting. If I am individually inking or embossing anything I do that next. Then I will put one item together and after I like how everything is set I will do the rest of that item. Sometimes on the original put together I glue everything down- sometimes I just place it.

Rebecca

First I choose my colors and embellishments. I keep all my swap items separate from my other scrapping supplies.

Then I will make a sketch or a sample. I have found it is best to cut out all the bigger photo mats first. Then the Journal boxes. Then I will cut out all the letters for the topper or print the toppers from the computer.
Finally, I embellish it and glue it all together. I usually ask a couple of people along the way what they think of the color choices. I like to ask my sister or my sister-in-law.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter