How early to arrive at MCO for 6am flight?

Hopeful8

Mouseketeer
So Delta changed our flight times on our return...our 6:30am flight got bumped up to 6am. How early do we need to be at MCO for? We've never left this early before and I cringed when I booked the 6:30am flight and now it's even earlier :o

Last edited:
Are you flying into Canada or the US? Mco you can prebook going through security. Usually 2-3 hours before depending if it’s a international flight or not

So Delta changed our flight times on our return in March...our 6:30am flight got bumped up to 6am. How early do we need to be at MCO for? We've never left this early before and I cringed when I booked the 6:30am flight and now it's even earlier :o
I'm one who hates the possible stress that can come up by cutting it too close.

If some extra sleep is important to you then 2 hours is going to be a safe bet. Doubtful there will be any issues that pop up that early in the morning.

Personally I will always add another hour to the recommended time. I have gotten to MCO way too early most of the time. But ocationally things pop up and I am thankful for the extra time.

6AM flight is tough! But I'm in the 2 hours prior group for domestic flights, and it's worked well for us over the years, even at MCO. The good news is there's likely going to be less foot traffic at the airport that time of morning - the bad news is they might have less staffing to get your through security. But you should be just fine with 2 hours (I wouldn't do any less than that, though). Not sure that it matters, but there's probably not going to be a lot open in the terminal at that time of morning for breakfast or snacks, so that might need to be part of your morning plans, too! Safe travels.

Oh so painful, just that half hour earlier! I was thinking 2 hours so thank you all for confirming that. Ugh, 4am, drat you, Delta!

I would recommend a minimum of 2 hours as MCO can be busy even in the early morning hours.

Your flight will be domestic as you won’t go through customs until you drive back into Canada.

I always give myself 3 hours at that airport - it can be insane even that early. Ugg. I feel for you. My flights always seem to end up being at 6AM - and I am the opposite of a morning person.

Pre-2022 advice:
1 hr domestic, 2hrs international.
Post-2022 advice:
2 hrs domestic, 3 hrs international.

Why longer on International? Well, often international travellers are not as familiar with the airport, are packing more, and the flights are often stacked very close to each other due to flight routings, leading to larger peaks.

Plus more time at the duty free if you get through faster. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter