• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early to be at park entrance for Navi?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
We have previously done the "herd" for FoP at park opening (no FP) and we arrived 90 minutes prior to a 9:00 park opening. No problem getting done with FoP by 9:10.

For an upcoming trip in early May it will be 9:00 park opening...FOP FP planned for 9:45 or 10:00.

How much in advance of park opening would we need to arrive if we want to do Navi first thing? I know the large majority of people are there for FoP. So if we are in line at 8:30 would we likely be ok to do Navi without much of a wait?

We got to AK around 8:45am on a 9:00am opening day and waited less than 10 minutes to get on Navi. I think you should be fine.

We had a similar experience in August, arrived at the park entrance about 10 to 15 minutes before park opening, and had a very short wait for NRJ.

Last summer we arrived right as they started letting people in the park and we had between a 15-20 minute wait for Navi. If you get there earlier you shouldn't have much of a wait at all.

We arrived at 7:45 for an 8:00 opening, and were off NRJ by 7:53. We were the only people in our boat.

A bonus was that by the time we arrived, the main rope drop crowd was mostly already in the park (and in line for FoP), easing congestion at the entrance.

End of January: as we were getting off the parking lot tram the gate opened - people raced in. We took our time. As we reached Pandora everyone was running to FoP - we strolled in, looking at the land and when we reached NRJ the wait time was posted 10 minutes. It was a straight walk on. We got off and the FoP wait time was 90 minutes. We got back in line for NRJ (still 10min posted) and walked on. As we exited the posted wait time for FoP was 120.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter