How expensive? Yachtman's Steakhouse

Threehearts

DIS Veteran
I was just reading how it cost a family of 4(2 of them were kids) $275 to eat dinner at the Yachtman's Steakhouse. That price is a little off budget for us. Has it always been that expensive there? Too bad, we really wanted to try it, Threehearts

If you go here http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm#res about 3/4 of the way down the page you'll see Yachtsman Steakhouse, one for Dinner and the other for Child's Menu.

If all 4 ordered from the regular menu, you could spend $50 on appetizers, $180 = 4 x $45 (22 oz. Kansas City Strip) on the entrees, maybe some sides and dessert for another $50. That's not even counting drinks or wine (or tip!).

Edit: I didn't realize there was a thread on this same page about YS. I've never been there. Can anyone tell me what "polenta" is? On the menu it has

Pork "Porterhouse" Chop -- 14 oz. bone-in chop basted with a poblano barbecue sauce, served with smoked polenta cake $25.99

and I wonder if anyone has had this?

Originally posted by Threehearts
I was just reading how it cost a family of 4(2 of them were kids) $275 to eat dinner at the Yachtman's Steakhouse. That price is a little off budget for us. Has it always been that expensive there? Too bad, we really wanted to try it, Threehearts

That would make sense as it usually runs just my husband and I about $125 inc tip.

Originally posted by billybaruch1
I didn't realize there was a thread on this same page about YS. I've never been there. Can anyone tell me what "polenta" is? On the menu it has

Pork "Porterhouse" Chop -- 14 oz. bone-in chop basted with a poblano barbecue sauce, served with smoked polenta cake $25.99

and I wonder if anyone has had this? [/B]

Polenta is an Italian dish made from cornmeal. The consistency is like a thick oatmeal but kinda gritty/grainy. But it can be sliced and cut so it's denser.Sometimes the portion is served with a tablespoon or two of spaghetti sauce.
I'm sure someone can explain it better, but I figured I'd give you an idea until you get a batter explanation.

Thanks very much, AuntMinnie. Maybe I'll ask for a potato. ;)

Edit: alternatively, maybe I'll try the Goat Cheese Polenta for $2.50 at the Epcot Int'l Food & Wine Festival first.

We ate at YS last week since it's my husband's favorite WDW restaurant. But, I have to say, it's not one of my favorites. Nothing I really dislike, it just doesn't wow me. I think I'd have rather gone to Le Cellier which I undertand also has good steaks and is a little less expensive.

Still haven't been to Le Cellier. :(

Originally posted by billybaruch1
Thanks very much, AuntMinnie. Maybe I'll ask for a potato. ;)

Edit: alternatively, maybe I'll try the Goat Cheese Polenta for $2.50 at the Epcot Int'l Food & Wine Festival first.

You found a list of what the food booths will have this year? where?where? where? please share?:)

Good idea to try the polenta first, then with your more expensive meal . I think its an aquired tast, ( I haven't aquiered it;) )

We are also 2 adults and 2 kids, and we always come in under $200. We (adults) each get a cocktail and appetizer, but may split a dessert (kids each get their own dessert).

$275 for four doesn't seem unreasonable for YSH. But it depends on what they ate. If your kids are still into kids meals, and you skip appetizers, dessert, and alcohol, you can come in at under $150 including tax and tip. But if you have teens, like a cocktail with dinner, have appetizers and/or desserts, $275 can actually be low.

Anne

Thanks, Anne. We have Ruth's Chris steakhouse, The Palm and Morton's etc. here in Washington and when we go out we expect to pay quite a bit. I guess I just never looked at the menu for Yachtman's to see that it was on par with those places.

OUr bill came to 181. for family of 4!! No appetizer, 2 kids meals with desserts (more expensive than the meal!!) and 2 adult meals with desserts of course. Sodas, coffee and one margarita!!That included the gratuity (20%).

I recently posted on another thread that YSH cost us $275 for 4 - Not sure if you got this from me - but I did explain that we were using the Silver Plan. Myself, DH, DS11 and DS7. DS11 ordered from regular menu being that he's a Jr. and the price for Jr. is the same as adult. Since we were on the Silver Plan we ordered Appetizer and dessert along with our meal. It is still on the high side though.

Thanks for the info, buzzlady. I didn't read closely enough to realize that one child ordered off the adult menu which certainly makes a big difference. The real interest for me though was that I always thought Yachtsman's Steakhouse was more on par with Le Cellier. I'm glad that I read your report before I made a PS. Thanks for clearing up the totals. Threehearts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter