• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far out are all 1BRs typically booked at Aulani for Holiday weeks?

JoshF

Mouseketeer
I'm currently in the ROFR phase buying at Aulani. Given how long things are taking, I likely will not have points in my account until late September at best. I am looking to travel to Aulani and stay in a 1BR from 4/3-4/8/21. This is Easter week so it's typically busy. For those of you who visit here a lot, are there still 1BRs available 6 months out or would they all likely be booked? I would be fine w the higher point per night 1BRs. I know it's impossible to know for sure - but was wondering if there's a likely answer.

Under normal circumstances, I would say its possible, especially if you can be flexible with view. If you can be flexible with your check in and check out dates, that will help even more.

However, this year, anything goes. I have seen reports where DVC at WDW is still booked pretty solid because people want to be able to use their points before they expire. From what I've read, some people are losing out on points and Disney hasn't implemented a blanket solution that helps everyone salvage their points. But with Aulani, there's the added layer of Hawaii currently being closed to tourists and likely implementing a quarantine and/or testing order when they do re-open. There's no telling how long that will go on for, so people may not book until they see how it plays out. There's also people who will not travel before a vaccine. And others who are not keen on wearing a mask on 5-10+ hour flight, depending on where you're flying from. With these factors, it may be easier than usual to get a DVC room. The flipside to that, however, is that Aulani likely will be operating at a limited capacity for a while so there's no telling how that will impact availability either.

Hopefully an Aulani owner will stop by and can look up your dates to give you a sense of current availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter