How "great" are the IOA soundtrack and videos?

P

pixie dust gal!

After reading so much about the IOA soundtrack and the USF videos, I think perhaps I am missing out on something. Can you tell me about them? Barry/Donna?

Thank you.:D

I'm not barry or donna, but I can help you out somewhat.

I have the IOA soundtrack and love it. It's not as involved as the park itself, but it has a lot of good music on it.

I don't know which videos you're referring to. I have the planning video and thought it was a little informative.

IOAfan

The IOA soundtrack is great! Most of the music reminds me of the park. As for the USF video, are you referring to the souvenir video?

Aloha,
I first bought the Universal video when preparing to take our DGS to Universal. We were going to travel so far (and due to the cost, knew it would be a long time before we would be able to bring them again) and because they were young 3.5 and 8 at the time I wanted to prepare them for the rides so they would not be frightened. ;)

The Universal video is great and really shows quite a bit of the rides and shows. (But not MIB - it was made before) So when we rode the rides the DGS were prepared. I always have trouble filming inside rides myself and really appreciate that they do film the rides.
I also bought the Universal Hollywood souvenir tape because it shows how they made Kong and Earthquake
and helped the kids understand that it was makebelieve no matter how real it looked. The boys got a lot of courage from the Universal tapes! :D And because we had a preview of the shows, we could prioritize them when we got to the parks. Now that we are back, we still watch them regularly and talk about our trip. The Universal tape covers most of the rides and shows, but not the play areas or stores or restaurants. Whenever I want a mini trip, I just slip it into the video. :bounce:

I finally got my IOA video when we went in March. It is like the free one, only more detailed and well worth the money IMHO.

Any specifics you want to know, just ask. :)

Donna

Barry and Donna, yes, I guess it is the souvenir videos I speak of. I haven't seen them, but have heard of it several times on this board. I don't want to lug my video camera with us this time and was hoping the videos that Universal sells would do the trick months after we come back when my youngest age 11 wants to watch a vacation video and recall the parks.

What do you think? Is it worth it or would he be bored?

Thank you (I am racing around here like crazy as we leave tomorrow evening).............. {{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie

pixie dust gal have a great trip. Can't wait to hear about it. We leave in 3 weeks!
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Thank you all for the opinions - it sounds like the soundtrack is a 'must' - I will check out the videos, if I can, while I am there.;)

BYE!!!!!!!!!:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

What videos are you guys talking about? I am aware of the planning video, but not the "souvenir" ones. Are they the same?

IOAfan

Aloha,
The videos I am referring to are the ones you can buy in the parks for $18 or $19. If you get them you really do not need to lug your video camera around.
Donna

Wow Donna! I didn't realize they were so extensive. It sounds like the video would be a fun souvenir.

Does anyone know if the videos can be ordered? I just got back and would love to be able to "watch the rides"

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Aloha,
I ordered my Universal Studios ones both on line in 1999. I am sure you could still do so.
Donna

Hi Guys,
What kind of music is on the IOA Soundtrack?
Ride area music, original songs, or what?
Help, I gotta know so I can order one before my next trip.
I have lots of music from Disney parks, but none from UO, yet.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

The IOA soundtrack has most of the music you hear around the park. There is no USF soundtrack, but you can hear the music from the BTTF ride on the CD named "Back to the Future Trilogy."

You can check the Universal Store website to see if the videos and CD are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter