How I Became Addicted to DVC: The First Taste

KC Mouse

Mouseketeer
Our first DVC experience was very different from others I have heard. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary with our usual WDW trip. After listening to a DIS Unplugged podcast on the Coronado Springs resort we decided to book a concierge level suite. Unfortunately, the accommodations did not live up to their description. Our AC didn’t work properly, there were gnats and flies all over our building, and our room location was so far away from the concierge services that there was no point in attempting to enjoy them. Long story short, the resort did not live up to our expectations.
After a couple of days we connected with guest services and explained our situation. Of course they apologized and said they would change our room right away. Now I know what most of you are thinking. No, we did not go Karen on the cast members. I simply explained that the AC was not working and that there seemed to be a lot of flying insects in the area. (My legs were covered with bug bites.)
Disney went above and beyond our expectations. We expected them to move us to another building and we would have been happy but they called back and said, “Can we move you to Saratoga Springs?” At the time, I did not know much about DVC so I said sure. They gave us the information and drove us over to the Saratoga Springs Resort.
We walked over to the room to discover a 1 bedroom villa with ice cold AC. It blew our minds. We lavished in the spacious rooms and casually walked over to Down Town Disney for evening dinners. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to skip a couple of park days just to relax at Saratoga.
During one of these resort days we took the DVC tour and weighed the options. To our surprise we decided not to buy in. At that point, we enjoyed the moderate resorts and could not justify the extra cost of deluxe accommodations. It just wasn't the right time for us to make the jump but it gave us just a taste of what would become our DVC addition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter