How is November?

momof4kids

Earning My Ears
Based on my previous thread's replies about how hot it is in September, I'm wondering if the first or second week in November would be better. Would the Christmas decorations be out? My DH has always wanted to see Disney decorated for Christmas. How are crowds then? THanks to all who have been patient with me on deciding when to go. I can't stand the heat and my DH can't stand crowds lol. We are early risers and would go at rope drop.

It is busy. Weather is great. Christmas decorations out in full my middle of the month. It's my favorite month to go.

The second week of November is one of our favorite times to visit. A lot of the Christmas decorations are up by then. Crowds haven't been too bad in the past, but we're visiting the 12-19th this year and I can't find much resort availability or flexibility for my dining reservations when I try to make changes.

Our fave month to visit! We usually go the full week prior to Thanksgiving. Christmas decor is out and you can go to MVMCP. The best!

We love the week after Thanksgiving. Low crowds, great weather and gorgeous Christmas decorations.

The second week of November is one of our favorite times to visit. A lot of the Christmas decorations are up by then. Crowds haven't been too bad in the past, but we're visiting the 12-19th this year and I can't find much resort availability or flexibility for my dining reservations when I try to make changes.

We simply gotta stop telling people how nice November is...

;p

We usually go in September which we love the crowd level, but boy is it hot.

In 2017 we went November 12-20. Weather was truly lovely. Nice and warm during the day but cool in the mornings/evenings. We needed a light jacket. Definitely busier than September but very doable with a good plan.

I don't have many visits at other times of year to compare to, but we love early November. The first weekend in November is a long weekend for our school district, and it's our only significant time off that isn't a major holiday or the in heat of summer. Weather was perfect November 3-8th last year. Crowds were much lower than Spring Break time, though I wouldn't say they were truly low. We got to enjoy Food and Wine, could still swim at the hotel, and wore shorts and t-shirts with only a late jacket in the mornings and evenings. It only rained 1 day of our 6, and the rain was nothing like the torrential downpours of summer. Our week falls during the gap between the Halloween and Christmas parties, so MK only closed early once during our trip. (Same is true for that week this year, though our trip will be shorter so MK will be open and showing HEA for all 4 of our days.) About the only downside was that park hours were shorter than they are during summer or the major holidays, with parks often opening at 9 and closing at 8 (HS and AK) or 9 (MK and Epcot) on weekdays. Weekends it might be 9 and 10 pm closings instead.

I only have last year to go on, but Christmas decorations were out in MK and HS but not at the resorts. (I don't think AK or Epcot did much Christmas decorating last year.) "Officially" the holiday season seems to start the day of the first MVMCP, which for 2018 and 2019 was late that first week (Thurs 11/8 last year, Friday 11/8 this year). Unofficially the trees were up at the parks, the Dreamlights on the Castle were lit for the first time on our first MK day (Sun, 11/4), and on Wed, 11/7 we saw a holiday projection show on ToT and walked out to the falling "snow" at HS. I don't know if those things happen the same time every year.

Last edited:
I'll be going in November (2-9) for the first time ever so I'll let you know when I get back! @Rach3975 has given some good information that makes me hopeful!

I am hoping for a *little* bit of heat so we can do the pools and so that it still feels summery to me.

I was told by a CM when were were booking that the the complex starts to almost "transform" to Christmas themes overnight starting after the last Halloween party so he said we should see that starting to emerge while we are there.

I'm only concerned a bit about crowds because it's Jersey Week. I keep hearing that crowds are bad, but then other posts of people who actually were there say it's fine.

We're going Nov. 8-13. I've been around this time of year in the past and always enjoyed it. Food and Wine Fest still going on, Christmas decor is up, weather is much more tolerable, and crowds are manageable. It's a holiday weekend (Veteran's Day), but not one that most schools get off for so I've never found it to mess with the crowds that much.

IMO the closer you get to TG, the busier it will be. I do agree with @ProudSoccerMom about the week after TG. That week, and the first week or two of December, are also excellent times to go.

We went Veterans Day weekend last year, and it was really busy. I would say Epcot felt as crowded as Christmas, but it was also the last weekend of Food and Wine, a holiday weekend, and the end of Jersey week. Weather was perfect though - plenty warm enough for the pool, but not as scorching hot as September. The Christmas decorations were up at MK and Disney Springs.

In the past, we have gone the week of Thanksgiving and it was far laess crowded than we expected. Certainly less crowded than during F&W.

Second week starts with Veteran's Day weekend, so that is one reason why availability was low. Also, a month ago or so they released free dining promotions for November and those got booked up fast too, which would have caused dining to be booked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter