How is Park Vue Inn these days?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
For our March trip we'll be at the Grand Californian premium club level for 2 nights but then switching to Park Vue for our last night. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and how they liked it. Comfortable beds, not too noisy, good customer service etc. We'll be in the 2 queen 1 bunk room, 2 adults and 2 teens.

I'm sure going from the Grand to Harbor will be a big change, but it's either that or not staying at the Grand at all. I'll take 2 nights there vs. none :)

We've stayed on Harbor many times so I know what to expect, but never at Park Vue. Last time we stayed at BW Anaheim Plus but so far they don't have any rooms open for our nights.

Thanks!

For our March trip we'll be at the Grand Californian premium club level for 2 nights but then switching to Park Vue for our last night. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and how they liked it. Comfortable beds, not too noisy, good customer service etc. We'll be in the 2 queen 1 bunk room, 2 adults and 2 teens.

I'm sure going from the Grand to Harbor will be a big change, but it's either that or not staying at the Grand at all. I'll take 2 nights there vs. none :)

We've stayed on Harbor many times so I know what to expect, but never at Park Vue. Last time we stayed at BW Anaheim Plus but so far they don't have any rooms open for our nights.

Thanks!
The Park Vue was our go to before Covid, when we lived in San Diego. Now that we’re up in OC, we don’t stay overnight as frequently… but we did stay at the Park Vue in July for the Fourth of July, and stayed there twice in 2021. They completely renovated everything when they were shut down… the beds are definitely comfortable. Their customer service is always excellent and we’ve always had a clean room.

I’m not sure where the two queen one bunk rooms are located, but we always request a room as far towards the back of the hotel as possible. One thing…. If it’s warm the AC will run. It’s not super quiet, but it’s never bothered our kids and I like it because it acts as kind of a sound machine.

It’s going to be incredibly disappointing after the Grand until you get the bill. 😂

We just stayed at Park Vue for the first time in November, and it suited our needs. I've stayed at the Grand and at 3 or 4 hotels along Harbor, and while I certainly prefer the Grand when I can afford it (not often!), I think Park Vue is now our prefered Harbor blvd motel. It was comfortable, clean, and had great customer service. The AC/heater was definitely loud, and our two queen room only had one sink and a small counter area, but neither one of those things is a deal breaker for us. The location certainly was amazing - hard to beat being right there at the crosswalk!

We stayed there with our family the first of June this year. Three rooms total -- DH and I plus the two teens in a 1 queen + bunk close to the front and our 2 married sets of kids in king rooms near the back. We all came and went for afternoon breaks and leaving the park at different times so close was its biggest virtue. Two of the 3 rooms were available to check into when we arrived at 7 AM the first day. Plus my son-in-law said (recently) his pillow was the favorite one he's slept on! I'd stay there again when I'm not splurging onsite.

PHXscuba

We loved our stay at the Park Vue! We had the queen/bunk bed room. We were on the bottom floor next to the stairs. We thought it would be loud, but it was super quiet! Being so close to the parks was awesome!

I do want point out, that the front desk is only open from 7am-midnight. We tried to park and check in early (knowing our room would not be ready) and we had to wait until 7 for someone to be at the front desk. It caught us off guard, but it was our mistake as they do have that info posted on their website.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Have a great trip!

The other nice thing about the Park Vue is they’ll let you leave your car until midnight on the day of checkout. They also don’t really charge for parking…. There’s a resort fee, but I think it’s like $10. Way lower than what the Marriott hotels charge for parking…..

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm excited to try it and it seems like it will be a great place to stay for that one night after the Grand. I might actually stay there all 3 nights if the rooms open up. (Not sure if I could give up trying GCH, but it would sure save alot.)

Glad to hear it's quiet and comfortable. I was going to request a second floor room because I thought it would be quieter, but it seems like I don't need to worry about that.

That's so nice they let you park all day on the last day because I thought we'd have to go park at DTD or a shuttle lot after checkout.

:)

We were in a 1-queen, 1-bunk room in June. 2nd floor. The first room at the top of the stairs. I was worried about noise but it wasn't an issue. The only problem we had was the AC didn't cool the room down very well at all. Also, the carpet turned our socks black. But overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

We were in a 1-queen, 1-bunk room in June. 2nd floor. The first room at the top of the stairs. I was worried about noise but it wasn't an issue. The only problem we had was the AC didn't cool the room down very well at all. Also, the carpet turned our socks black. But overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.
I keep reading that about the black socks! I thought that might have been improved after they renovated. Glad yo hear you liked it in general, though. Thanks!

I keep reading that about the black socks! I thought that might have been improved after they renovated. Glad yo hear you liked it in general, though. Thanks!

Yeah...I always pack slippers to wear in the room. But my son doesn't so yeah...pretty gross.

We just got back from our New Years stay at Park Vue. We have stayed there and all around on Harbor for 40+ years. As of right now since you will be staying one night they will not have maids come in to clean. We got it one day since we stayed 5 nights. While we were in the swimming pool we could faintly hear the music from the parade but not in the rooms. We could definitely hear and see the fireworks. We were on the bottom floor and heard not a peep from them. The good: great staff, great location, close restaurants, comfy beds, tons of plugs for charging, and for the most part quiet. The bad: black socks (which we experienced also) and they don't offer the free breakfast right now.
I hope to stay at the Grand Californian one day. I will just keep dreaming until then.

We just got back from our New Years stay at Park Vue. We have stayed there and all around on Harbor for 40+ years. As of right now since you will be staying one night they will not have maids come in to clean. We got it one day since we stayed 5 nights. While we were in the swimming pool we could faintly hear the music from the parade but not in the rooms. We could definitely hear and see the fireworks. We were on the bottom floor and heard not a peep from them. The good: great staff, great location, close restaurants, comfy beds, tons of plugs for charging, and for the most part quiet. The bad: black socks (which we experienced also) and they don't offer the free breakfast right now.
I hope to stay at the Grand Californian one day. I will just keep dreaming until then.
Thanks! I've been wanting to try Park Vue for years. It sounds great and I'll make sure to pack slippers :)

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about it, but it would be great if they did.
I called and persistently asked about it and they said they have no plans to bring it back. Something about not being cost efficient and that they have plenty of restaurants and fast food nearby. It's really what splits me between them and other options.

I called and persistently asked about it and they said they have no plans to bring it back. Something about not being cost efficient and that they have plenty of restaurants and fast food nearby. It's really what splits me between them and other options.
Thanks. It's too bad they don't bring it back. My favorite hotel across the street is BW Anaheim Inn but they don't have rooms for my dates. They have a great breakfast.

Since we're staying at Park Vue the night before we leave (and won't be going into the park the next day ) we might just go to Mimi's for breakfast or something. A hotel breakfast would be better, though because it's free and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter