How is the Disney Wonder?

How do you like the Wonder compared to the Fantasy and other ships? Do the other ships feel like there’s more to do and see since they’re bigger and have more spaces to explore and options/amenities?
Bigger doesn't mean more spaces. It just means the same spaces are bigger, generally speaking (but not always). There are a couple additional spaces, technically, on the Fantasy and the Dream, but they aren't super worth writing home about. Like, for example, if you want a fancy coffee, you can get it from Vista vs. going up to Cove. The Dream and Fantasy have Vanellope's/Sweet on You (respectively) so if you want upcharge ice cream, that's exclusive to the larger ships (and the Wish has a Inside Out themed ice cream up charge).

I'm not sure what you mean by more spaces to explore. The ship is just bigger and really that's it. It has more staterooms, but you can't explore them. It takes longer to get from one end to the other. And there are more people onboard so I feel the larger ships have the tendency to be more crowded. I'm not sure what options/amenities you're referring to. The Dream and Fantasy have the AquaDuck, but I've already made my feelings known on that. It's...fine but not a deal-breaker. Midship Detective Agency is sort of cool, but again, it's not a dealbreaker.

Honestly, I'm fine being on ANY Disney ship and generally pick by itinerary, but if I had a Classic (Magic/Wonder) and a Dream-class (Dream/Fantasy) sailing the same itinerary, I'd pick the Classic ship every time. My husband feels the same and our 14 year old feels the same. We're bummed that we won't be on the Magic next summer in Europe, but instead are going on the Dream.

On the Classics, it's faster to get from one part of the ship to another because it's smaller. But the big bonus is that there are fewer people onboard so it feels less crowded. In fact, a lot of the spaces are really pretty similar in size on the two sized ships. O'Gills on the Classics actually feels a little bigger to me and when we show up for activities like trivia, we can actually find a seat on the Classics. Not so on the Dream-class. Last month on the Fantasy, the Tube always was packed full for adult shows. I never had that problem in Azure.

The main dining rooms are quite a bit bigger, but that only makes them feel like a giant loud, noisy space. I really prefer the smaller dining rooms of the Classic. Cabanas is also bigger, but again, it just feels like you're in a giant sea of people. Just everything is really bigger, but really the ships feel so similar otherwise.

https://dclfan.com/news/labor-dispute-in-vancouver-delays-disney-wonder-departure/
Labor Dispute in Vancouver Delays Disney Wonder Departure
August 30, 2022 Jackie Gailey

A labor dispute between Cspan and its unionized tugboat operators prevented the Disney Wonder from departing from Vancouver, BC Monday night. The ship remains docked at Canada Place as of early Tuesday morning.
Global News reported that one passenger says they were told that it’s unclear how this delay would affect the itinerary for the remainder of this cruise.

On Sunday, the Celebrity Eclipse’s departure was also delayed by a day due to the strike.
This is a developing story and will be updated at the top with any new details.

How do you like the Wonder compared to the Fantasy and other ships? Do the other ships feel like there’s more to do and see since they’re bigger and have more spaces to explore and options/amenities?
I never thought there was more to do or see on the Dream class vs the Wonder. Maybe there's a sports simulator that my kids did on the Fantasy once that isn't on the Classic ships. And the classics don't have the pay-extra ice cream shop (still the included soft-serve though!). Other than that, they are very similar really. Same kind of lounge area (Cadillac Bar is my favorite on any ship), same kind of MDRs (Tiana's is unique to Wonder and is my favorite), same kinds of activities planned, etc.

Ah, yes, I forgot about the sport simulator and mini golf that's available on the Dream/Fantasy. We don't usually do those. The mini golf is on the top deck and is sunny and windy often. The one time we tried to do it on our last cruise, we waited until 6 PM so that it wouldn't be as hot and sunny and it closes at 6. *face palm* I've never tried the sport simulator. It's not really my jam. The kids clubs are great on both ships.

The dining rooms are far superior, in my opinion on the Wonder/Magic than the Dream/Fantasy. Especially Animator's Palate.

2007 Wonder 3N Bahamas
2007 Wonder 4N Bahamas

2008 Magic 7N Western Caribbean

none

2010 Magic 14N Eastbound Transatlantic followed by
2010 Magic 11N Mediterranean (Barcelona)

2011 Magic 5N Double Dip
2011 Wonder 7N Alaska (Vancouver)
2011 Magic 14N Westbound Transatlantic (Barcelona - Port Canaveral)
2011 Dream 4N Bahamas
2011 Dream 3N Dream {Concierge to celebrate 10th cruise}

2012 Wonder 7N Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles)
2012 Fantasy 7N Western? Caribbean Maiden Voyage

none

2014 Magic 3N Bahamas -
2014 Magic 4N Bahamas followed by
2014 Magic 4N Bahamas
2014 Wonder 15N Westbound Panama Canal (Miami - San Diego)
2014 Dream 3N Bahamas

2021 Dream 4N Bahamas Double Dip

2022 Magic 5N Bahamas Double Dip (Miami)

That’s 19 cruises (123 days) on Disney, lifetime. I actively cruised during an 8 year period (17 sailings), so basically averaged 2 per year - or 3 per year in the years I actually sailed.

I also sailed Princess (24 nights/5 cruises) and 1 cruise each on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian, and MSC. All of these 2012 or later.

There is a big gap with no vacations between Sep 2015 and Dec 2019.

I didn’t start cruising until I was 46. Took two teen nieces with me. The youngest any niece was on first cruise was nearly 12, so I never cruised with children. And none were big fans of Edge or Vibe. They did whatever we did for the most part.

All my childhood vacations were by car. Many I don’t remember, just recognize them by photographs. It’s a childhood of happiness, but looking back, I definitely didn’t need expensive trips (and they weren’t). I appreciate things from teens and later, as those memories are more vivid. What all of us remember about childhood trips is stopping at historic markers along the roadside (non-interstate travel) and getting out to walk on trails. (mainly Southeastern US).

Some cruise memories are not as clear in years when I did lots of vacations. (There cruises only represent a part of my travel.) You can take too many vacations.

My list is not a challenge to you. Well spaced out cruising probably is a better approach. And if you chose Disney cruising, it may be a necessary with their continually rising cost.

I will never visit all the places in the world that interest me! So happy to have seen and done the things I have experienced.
Wow, that’s so cool! Do you get a discount when you book your cruises since you have been on so many already?

Also which ship is your favorite? Not sure if I asked you already.

Bigger doesn't mean more spaces. It just means the same spaces are bigger, generally speaking (but not always). There are a couple additional spaces, technically, on the Fantasy and the Dream, but they aren't super worth writing home about. Like, for example, if you want a fancy coffee, you can get it from Vista vs. going up to Cove. The Dream and Fantasy have Vanellope's/Sweet on You (respectively) so if you want upcharge ice cream, that's exclusive to the larger ships (and the Wish has a Inside Out themed ice cream up charge).

I'm not sure what you mean by more spaces to explore. The ship is just bigger and really that's it. It has more staterooms, but you can't explore them. It takes longer to get from one end to the other. And there are more people onboard so I feel the larger ships have the tendency to be more crowded. I'm not sure what options/amenities you're referring to. The Dream and Fantasy have the AquaDuck, but I've already made my feelings known on that. It's...fine but not a deal-breaker. Midship Detective Agency is sort of cool, but again, it's not a dealbreaker.

Honestly, I'm fine being on ANY Disney ship and generally pick by itinerary, but if I had a Classic (Magic/Wonder) and a Dream-class (Dream/Fantasy) sailing the same itinerary, I'd pick the Classic ship every time. My husband feels the same and our 14 year old feels the same. We're bummed that we won't be on the Magic next summer in Europe, but instead are going on the Dream.

On the Classics, it's faster to get from one part of the ship to another because it's smaller. But the big bonus is that there are fewer people onboard so it feels less crowded. In fact, a lot of the spaces are really pretty similar in size on the two sized ships. O'Gills on the Classics actually feels a little bigger to me and when we show up for activities like trivia, we can actually find a seat on the Classics. Not so on the Dream-class. Last month on the Fantasy, the Tube always was packed full for adult shows. I never had that problem in Azure.

The main dining rooms are quite a bit bigger, but that only makes them feel like a giant loud, noisy space. I really prefer the smaller dining rooms of the Classic. Cabanas is also bigger, but again, it just feels like you're in a giant sea of people. Just everything is really bigger, but really the ships feel so similar otherwise.
Ohhh I get it, so it’s kind of like, they have the same spaces, but the hallway may be longer or wider? So there’s not necessarily like more areas or lounges etc. just more space in between them?

Ah, yes, I forgot about the sport simulator and mini golf that's available on the Dream/Fantasy. We don't usually do those. The mini golf is on the top deck and is sunny and windy often. The one time we tried to do it on our last cruise, we waited until 6 PM so that it wouldn't be as hot and sunny and it closes at 6. *face palm* I've never tried the sport simulator. It's not really my jam. The kids clubs are great on both ships.

The dining rooms are far superior, in my opinion on the Wonder/Magic than the Dream/Fantasy. Especially Animator's Palate.
Do you know if the 3 night cruises offer the “draw your own character” option of the animators palate? I read somewhere that only 7 night cruises have that

Which ship is your favorite? And why? (Not sure if I asked you already), I plan on booking another Disney cruise for 2023 and wondering if I should book the Wonder/Magic class again or go for the Dream class or Wish. The Wonder/Magic class leave from our home state but if we wanted to try the larger, newer ships, we would have to fly out of state

Does anyone know why the Wonder is the least expensive ship to sail? We got a balcony room for $2700, but I see if we went on any other ship for similar itinerary and time, it would be $1000 more. Even the Magic is more expensive

Does anyone know why the Wonder is the least expensive ship to sail? We got a balcony room for $2700, but I see if we went on any other ship for similar itinerary and time, it would be $1000 more. Even the Magic is more expensive

I don't know for sure but it's probably a combination of it being Magic Class and the specific routes it's sailing

https://dclfan.com/news/labor-dispute-in-vancouver-delays-disney-wonder-departure/
Labor Dispute in Vancouver Delays Disney Wonder Departure
August 30, 2022 Jackie Gailey

A labor dispute between Cspan and its unionized tugboat operators prevented the Disney Wonder from departing from Vancouver, BC Monday night. The ship remains docked at Canada Place as of early Tuesday morning.
Global News reported that one passenger says they were told that it’s unclear how this delay would affect the itinerary for the remainder of this cruise.

On Sunday, the Celebrity Eclipse’s departure was also delayed by a day due to the strike.
This is a developing story and will be updated at the top with any new details.
The Wonder was eventually allowed to depart between midnight and 1am local time. She's currently just north of Vancouver Island now.

The Disney Wonder is my favorite ship. I have been on all the Disney ships except for the Disney Wish.

I think you said you were going on the Wonder this year, is that correct? If so, I assume that you are sailing out of San Diego? Thus, there is no comparable itinerary at the same time for another Disney ship.

I think you said you were going on the Wonder this year, is that correct? If so, I assume that you are sailing out of San Diego? Thus, there is no comparable itinerary at the same time for another Disney ship.
Yep that’s the one we are doing. I looked at the Magic for 2023 and it’s a lot more expensive than the Wonder for the same itinerary. And I looked at 3 night Bahamas cruises and they’re so expensive

I love any Disney ship, but the Classics are my favorite. They are just so intimate and well-designed. The crew has always been amazing. Also, I really loved Promenade lounge. LOVED. It's my absolute favorite place to sit and have a drink next to those big, round windows. Haven't tried the new French Quarter Lounge yet, but I'm sure it is lovely.

Yep that’s the one we are doing. I looked at the Magic for 2023 and it’s a lot more expensive than the Wonder for the same itinerary. And I looked at 3 night Bahamas cruises and they’re so expensive
The Wonder is doing a whole season this year from SD. I have never seen prices this low before and it’s likely that she has to fill 6 months of Mexico cruises. Normally she does 2 months and then heads east through the canal.

The Wonder is doing a whole season this year from SD. I have never seen prices this low before and it’s likely that she has to fill 6 months of Mexico cruises. Normally she does 2 months and then heads east through the canal.
We are booked on the NYE cruise on the Wonder; I thought it was such a good price and then it went on a CDN residents rate and I saved another 25% :oops::yay:

We are booked on the NYE cruise on the Wonder; I thought it was such a good price and then it went on a CDN residents rate and I saved another 25% :oops::yay:
What’s CDN? I was supposed to do the NyE cruise too but it came to be over $7k for a balcony room and over $5k for an indoor room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter