How is the food?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
I've heard cruise cuisine is just spectacular--a huge part of the experience. Any recommendations on what to try on the Disney Magic, what was good, what wasn't? Overall impressions? Thanks so much :):Pinkbounc

You must have the chocolate lave cake - and ask for it with ice cream! If you go to Palo, do get the chocolate souffle. Everything that I had on board was YUMMY! You will come home a few pounds heavier unfortunately...:(

We've been on the Wonder twice. Just got off yesterday. This last time we were on a 3 day cruise. I managed to gain 3.5 pounds! Oops! I *tried* everything and my goal was not to STUFF myself, but it was SOOOO difficult to stop eating food that tasted so WONDERFUL! :)

In an attempt to NOT gain a lot of weight, I used the stairs MOST of the time, up and down. Even if it involved climbing 6 flights of stairs, I did it! I can only imagine what my weight would have been had I relied on the elevators!

I can only assume the food on the Magic is just as WONDERful. :)

Try food that you would normally not try. They will bring you out as many dinners as you like, so if you don't like something just ask for something different. My soon to be husband said that he's gonna get two dinners every night. I hope Lampskies can keep up.

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
You must have the chocolate lave cake - and ask for it with ice cream! If you go to Palo, do get the chocolate souffle. Everything that I had on board was YUMMY! You will come home a few pounds heavier unfortunately...:(

Oh, that Warm Chocolate Lave Cake, I can taste it right now, Yum! Yum!

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20342.jpg

STOP! That picture of the choc. lava cake is killing me! I want some now! I can't wait to go back just so I can eat all that delicious food!

if you go to the goffy pool go to plutos dog house order the chicken tensers are good.

Is the chocolate lava cake available on the wonder too???? please say yes.

So much food - so little time - it is all soooo good.....LOL!!!

IMO
The maple glazed salmon is the best!!
Chicken tenders are scrumptious!!
Lobster Shrimp wrapper yummy!!
Warm chocolate lava cake is heavenly!!
Mickey waffles w/strawberries 'a gotta try'!!
Mickey ice cream bar divine!!

Sorry, NO chocolate lava cake on the Wonder. :(

Originally posted by 4nana
So much food - so little time - it is all soooo good.....LOL!!!

IMO
The maple glazed salmon is the best!!
Chicken tenders are scrumptious!!
Lobster Shrimp wrapper yummy!!
Warm chocolate lava cake is heavenly!!
Mickey waffles w/strawberries 'a gotta try'!!
Mickey ice cream bar divine!!

Sorry, NO chocolate lava cake on the Wonder. :(

Mickey Ice Cream Bars really do look scrumptious, don't they???

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20097.jpg

VerandahMan, what was the name of that soup you were talking so highly about....I was trying to tell my Mother about it but couldn't remember the name. I think you said it was on embarkation day and it was cold and not to miss it.

Originally posted by LisaGoeke
VerandahMan, what was the name of that soup you were talking so highly about....I was trying to tell my Mother about it but couldn't remember the name. I think you said it was on embarkation day and it was cold and not to miss it.

Orange Mango Soup, and boy is it GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.... Yes, they were a big hit with my gang!!

fc453a99.jpg

WOW, you got sprinkles, even better!!!

Orange Mango Soup, and boy is it GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You! I told my mom I'd try to save her some :p and I told my dad I'd try to save him some shrimp (we'll be embarking sooner than them as we're driving and they're flying down that morning). :D

Here is a photo of my sister with a bowl of the Orange Mango Soup that she is eating. I forgot I had this photo. That's my better half in the foreground, holding the fork!!!

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20035.jpg

I just got off the Magic on 9/27 and will agree that the Orange Mango embarkation lunch soup is the best!

I don't think you can go wrong with any dessert on the menu, but the Creme Brulee at Lumiere's was my favorite.

For entries, the Maple Glazed Salmon is quite good (if you like salmon), and on Friday at Lumiere's I had some kind of pork roast with a bourbon sauce, the sauce was great! (I don't see this entree listed on any of the posted menus, wonder if it is new or I'm just not seeing it.) It was served on a bed of pureed white corn with a little tower of acorn squash next to it.

Several people told me the pan fried veal chop was fantastic, I can't vouch for this personally.

Everybody at our table who ordered the baked potato said it was great.

My best advice is to listen to your waiter's suggestions, they know what they are talking about. And if you do order something that you find is not to your liking, just let them know and they will bring something else, so don't be afraid to be adventurous.

Stuffed Portobello mushrooms at Palo! They were so delicious. I hope that they still have them this year, as I think Barb said that Palo has changed their menu.

We found the cruise food to be mediocre at best. It was spectacular in Palo, and some of the items in the regular restaurants were very good.

We visited with many people from other cruise ships while exploring the ports...they all said the same thing...cruise ship food was nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie

What night/restaurant was the chocolate lave cake available?

Michelle:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter