How is the food?

Definitely try the Cold Orange Mango soup, Lobster Bisque, the Maple Glazed Salmon, and any of the Cheesecake offerings. I agree with Verandah Man, the Chocolate Lava cake rocks!

Chocolate Lava Cake...

NO I do not think it is on the Wonder!!! :(

We recently got back, I even asked our Asst.Server about it, and he drew a huge blank... I think it is only on the Magic!!!

We visited with many people from other cruise ships while exploring the ports...they all said the same thing...cruise ship food was nothing to write home about.

OUCH! Personally, I think they do a very good job, considering they cook for 2500 plus passengers. Only complaint we had was there was too much food and lots of meals we had to skip the soup, salad appetizers. For us, not to have too cook it is a real treat...LOL!?

mkauffman ~
The incredible 'warm chocolate lava cake' is served on the Magic at the Captain's Gala on formal night. Unfortunately it is not served on the Wonder.

Have to add my two cents here...On the Wonder there is some chocaltey desert thing...It was a chocolate cake and it was filled with chocolate syrup.....it was heaven!!! We tried things on the ship that I never would have ordered for ex. escargot...which I don't think I would eat again. But what the heck....my DS who was 6 at the tiem tried the escargot also. He didn't like them either!

All in all I thought the food was good. I believe that any meal I don't have to cook is good!!:jester:

There are many, many people who cruise who never eat at a restaurant better than Sizzler(heck theres a lot of folks who don't get "higher up" than McDonnalds), so most of the food is going to be absoulutly wonderful for them (me included). IF you are used to "Fine Dinning" you may be disapointed in the food on the Magic and Wonder, but even then, that has to be a stretch. I've eaten at many really nice restaurants with great food and I will say that they do a very good job on the ships.

As was said earlier, be adventurous, try something new. If you don't like it they will bring you something else.

Favorite desserts in the regular dinning rooms: Chocolate Lava Cake, Creme Brulee', White chocolate domes (or something to that effect), warm fruit something or other (help me out people!) that was wonderful.

My favorite appetizer was the coconut shrip in parrot cay. I'm not sure that they have them on the menu anymore.

Main Courses: the grouper, the salmon, the filet, the turkey in Animators Palete.

Palo: EVERYTHING!!!! (if you have brunch there be sure to try the lemon merangue pie - it's like no other!)

No One goes away hungry!!!

Originally posted by mkauffman
What night/restaurant was the chocolate lave cake available?

Michelle:Pinkbounc

I got the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake on Semi-Formal Night (Thursday) during our cruise.

So Andy ~
I guess it is still served on Thursday nights, but it is semi now instead of formal.
I was going by Barb and Tony's site.
Menues fr May: http://www.disneycruiser.info/palo.htm

Whatever.....DON'T MISS IT.....LOL!?!?!?

fc1a195c.jpg

Originally posted by 4nana
Yikes....sorry about that!
Did they change the nite for serving warm chocolate lava cake Andy?????
I was going by my experience on the Magic in Dec and from
Barb and Tony's site.
Menues fr May: http://www.disneycruiser.info/palo.htm

Whatever the night...DON'T MISS IT.....LOL!?!?!?

fc1a195c.jpg

We were in Lumiere's on Thursday night for Semi-Formal Night, that's where we were served the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake.

All this talk about cake and I sit here with my yogurt...LOL!! :(

DH retired 2 yrs ago today and I am taking him to celebrate his 'new found lease on life' at his place of choice,
which is 'Olive Garden'. Maybe some yummy Tiramisu will suffice, or one of those delicious DOVE bars that remind me of a MM bar!! ;)

We do eat out at expensive gourmet restaurants. With 2 little kids, we don't get out much, so when we do get out, we go all the way. And living in Toronto, we have a very wide range of delicious food... and I thought the food on the Wonder was fantastic. Yes, there were a couple of things that I said, "they could have done better with this", but most of it was excellent, and Palo could compete with the finer restaurants in North America.
I have heard people complain that the food was too "weird" but we say "the weirder the better!" We are not meat and potato people, we would never eat dinner at a chain restaurant, because we love quality food prepared in a new and interesting way with perhaps a new combination of ingredients... and that is what we got on the Wonder.

Originally posted by jrabbit
Favorite desserts in the regular dinning rooms: Chocolate Lava Cake, Creme Brulee', White chocolate domes (or something to that effect), warm fruit something or other (help me out people!) that was wonderful.

I'll help you out....do you mean the Cherries Jubilee? Dh had that, I sampled. VERY Good. The white chocolate domes are filled with some sort of raspberry mousse-y stuff. Also WONDERful! Berry Shortcake at Animator's Palate. Mmm.. Creme brulee. Mickey Bars. No wonder I gained 3.5 pounds in 3 days! :)

The only thing I missed on this cruise was the mozzarella sticks at AP. They didn't have them the night we were there and said they couldn't make them. :(

Well now I absolutely can't wait to try that chocolate lava cake. It looks devine!

Originally posted by FirstMagic
Friday at Lumiere's I had some kind of pork roast with a bourbon sauce, the sauce was great! (I don't see this entree listed on any of the posted menus, wonder if it is new or I'm just not seeing it.)
I believe that's the Kentucky Bourbon and Maple-glazed Pork Tenderloin, on the Best of Master Chefs menu (currently Friday night on the Magic). Sounds really good! We skipped that menu last time for Palo, but maybe we'll try it next time. :D

Originally posted by AprilN
I believe that's the Kentucky Bourbon and Maple-glazed Pork Tenderloin, on the Best of Master Chefs menu (currently Friday night on the Magic). Sounds really good! We skipped that menu last time for Palo, but maybe we'll try it next time. :D

That's what I had Friday night of our cruise, that was soooooooooo gooooooooood!!!!!

Originally posted by mkauffman
Well now I absolutely can't wait to try that chocolate lava cake. It looks devine!

And taste even better!!!!! Enjoy every mouthful!!!!!

Cool just cant wait for our Cruise .................
Also the food is Very Good ......

Well lets say Jen and I dont cook alot... We mostly dine out ...
and we r very happy with Quality of the food...

Of course I left the Evening meal selection TOTALY up to our server Christopher Oliver of England ....
For the entire week did not see a menu did not want to ....
Was taken care of .... After the first night..
was just asked a few simple questions such as how do u like your meat prepared... WAS awesome Experience...

some of the nights I ended up with like a surf and turf as he though i may enjoy both selections...... Did not just bring out
2 meals a special plate with the selections was prepared...

Try it some time what better place to do it u cant to wrong
and not Once was I disappointed...................
Nor did I complain about his selection ..

OhioMinnie - I think it was the berry shortcake and yes it's yummy!
NedleyCan: I have heard people complain that the food was too "weird" but we say "the weirder the better!" We are not meat and potato people, we would never eat dinner at a chain restaurant, because we love quality food prepared in a new and interesting way with perhaps a new combination of ingredients... and that is what we got on the Wonder.
You're a person after my own heart (or taste buds as the case may be!) I agree - try new things, it's "free". You don't have to worry about dropping $50 on something you don't like because they will bring you something else if you can't stand your first order. Be sure to remeber what you tried and liked, so you can give it a try "back home" sometime when you go out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter