• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long do you stay at a water park?

We arrive a few minutes before open and stay until close. We had ages ranging 3-52 and everyone really enjoys both parks. There are plenty of shaded spots to choose from if you get there early. Like PP said, if anyone has sensitive feet bring water shoes. Walking on the concrete can be hot and tough on your feet. Every time we have went to the water parks in the summer, it rains. Which is great IMO. A lot of people leave and the lines get shorter. If it starts raining just grab a snack and wait it out;)

We were at Typhoon today and Blizzard on Monday. We are a waterpark loving family. Plenty of shade at both parks. You won't have trouble finding a seat in the shade. Not sure when you will be there but crowds were really low for us IMO both days. We never waited more than a few minutes for any of the slides. We generally stay around 4 hours give or take depending on what we have going on and our stamina for that day. That 4 hour(ish) time also includes taking a break and eating lunch while there.

For us, paying for the minnie van is bad enough. If there was a bus that went right to the park, we'd use it, but the "going to disney springs and then another bus" route is just too much.
Are you staying at a Disney resort on-site? Minnie vans are new since our last visit, but I thought they could only be used from Disney hotels? In which case, I’m confused because you should be able to take a Disney bus straight from your Disney hotel to BB or TL - we’ve not had to go to DS to get from our Disney resort to a water park.

Are you staying at a Disney resort on-site? Minnie vans are new since our last visit, but I thought they could only be used from Disney hotels? In which case, I’m confused because you should be able to take a Disney bus straight from your Disney hotel to BB or TL - we’ve not had to go to DS to get from our Disney resort to a water park.

Yes, we are staying at BLT. It's my understanding about a year ago, Disney stopped direct buses from resort to parks. If we get there and find out we are wrong, I'd be happy to save the money and take a direct bus.

Last summer we didn't have direct busses to the park. We had to get off at AK and switch to a BB bus and the opposite on the way home. The year prior, we stopped and had to get a different bus at DS to get to TL. It was torture. I told dh we will uber next time. At least going home because we were exhausted.

We stay from opening until the afternoon rains kick in. If you plan on camping out all day while the family does waterslides, I recommend renting a cabana or umbrella. You can find shady spots without paying extra, but you have to find & occupy them quickly upon park opening.

Last summer we didn't have direct busses to the park. We had to get off at AK and switch to a BB bus and the opposite on the way home. The year prior, we stopped and had to get a different bus at DS to get to TL. It was torture. I told dh we will uber next time. At least going home because we were exhausted.

And that's why I planning on a minnie van.

I'm glad you posted about this! I don't understand why they don't do direct buses at least in the summer. We are doing TL one day this June, sounds like I'll be ubering.

I am not a water person at all. Avoid them like the plague. However, Disney Water parks are fantastic! We get there when they open and typically leave after lunch. Probably spend 4 hours there. We prefer going on a rainy, overcast day if it’s in the forecast. We still have such fond memories of River Country when my daughter was young....

Thank you all for the responses and tips. We are at t minus 12 hrs and counting until we leave.

Anyone arrive late afternoon and stay until closing in the summer (when it's open until 8pm)? Our water park day is also our break / sleeping in day since we're rope dropping every other day. No way we're going to show up at a water park by 10am. Hoping when June afternoon t-storms hit it people will clear out and leave it relatively quiet in the evening.

Anyone arrive late afternoon and stay until closing in the summer (when it's open until 8pm)? Our water park day is also our break / sleeping in day since we're rope dropping every other day. No way we're going to show up at a water park by 10am. Hoping when June afternoon t-storms hit it people will clear out and leave it relatively quiet in the evening.

We do! Arrive as late as 12-1pm and stay until close. Works great for us - we typically eat a late lunch during the afternoon down pour and then hit the slides with minimal waits.

We rope drop and stay until around 1pm. It was my son's first time at a water park (BB) and he loved it and can't wait to go again in 30 days!

Went to both in September and basically stayed almost until closing, which was not that late, maybe 5 pm or so. Kids didn't want to leave at all! Lots of shady spots at both parks.

We went to TL from about noon until it closed at 5pm. The park was practically empty, so we got to go on as many sldies as we wanted, and by 5pm we still felt like we could have stayed longer! We were so busy riding Crush n Gusher over and over that we barely had time to fit in the wave pool before the place closed. :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter