how long does it take to get DC membership materials?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
how time flies!

our next trip is coming up in about 30 days... i didn't realize it was so soon.

anyway, we wanted to join Disney Club before our trip so we can use it for discounts at WDW.
how long does it take for them to mail you all the membership info?
is it too late for me to sign up now and get the info before the end of August?

I think that you are in luck!!! I think that I received our DC materials in about a week!
I would suggest that you apply on-line. You will get confirmation of your membership in a day or so. And then you will receive you card and packet in a week or so!
Good Luck and Have a wonderful trip! :)

hm... does your DC membership start from the day you sign up on the website?
or is it when you finally receive your materials?

how is the membership expiration date determined?

Hi Again Disneyberry!

I think that the date of expiration is at the end of the month in which you joined. For example: if you would join today, the expiration would be July 31, 2002. So, to me, it would make most sense to join a the BEGINNING of a month.
You can start using your DC membership immediately though once you have been "approved."

Here is a quote from the e-mail the I got with our "Approval."

You will soon receive your official membership kit for The Disney Club. Your Kit includes a membership card, guide to benefits and special coupons and will arrive in approximately 4-6 weeks. (As I said before, we received OUR stuff in just about a week.~BR)

You may begin using some of your benefits immediately including 10% off select merchandise at DisneyStore.com and when making travel reservations at Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort (membership card is required at check-in). Keep in mind, to take advantage of your other benefits, a valid membership card and coupon, when indicated, are required.

To start using your online benefits now, go to the Members'-Only Web Site www.disneyclub.com. Again, welcome -- we look forward to serving you!

-- The Disney Club

I hope that this helps...

thanks, Beth! :)
so i guess i'll wait a few days and sign up on August 1st.
hopefully we'll get the welcome packet before we leave on the 30th!

all you other DC members out there:

how long did it take you to get your DC card and materials?
has it ever taken longer than 3 weeks? that 4-6 week official comment has me a bit worried.
:(

I also received my kit within a week. I joined by phone and and I was given my membership number at that time(received an email with my number that day as well)

I just joined in June (on-line). My AP expires in August and I wanted to make sure I got my card so I could get the discount on the renewal. As it turns out, all I needed was the membership number. Anyway, it only took about 7 to 10 for my kit to arrive.

I just received my package today!!! 15 days. My mail delivery is very slow, you should have yours sooner....Good luck

Took me a week to get mine. The website was down so I ordered mine over the phone and received the materials in one week!

I joined on-line, and received my membership number in a reply e-mail. I have not received my packet you (has only been 4 days), but I was able to use my discount at the Disney Store in the mall by showing my printed e-mail with my number! Can't wait to get packet.

But I wouldn't take any chances if I were you!

ORDER NOW! :D

I ordered mine by phone and it took about ten days to get my welcome package but my order was a little trickier because I had used an online Mastercard to pay for it. The first time they tried to put it through it bounced back to them. Went through fine the second time. I actually got my membership for nothing because I did online points programs and converted the points to a webcertificate which is an online mastercard and paid for it with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter