How long... MK ... from parking to through gates

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
At this time of year, how long should be expect/plan for it to take from parking at Magic Kingdom to being finished at the gates/security? Thanks!

I put it at 30-45 minutes if you're lucky,you're talking about going through a lot of steps,parking,tram,security line,monorail or boat,turnstiles,simply put it's a mission getting to this park if you're driving.

I'd plan 30-45 minutes to be safe. You might have to wait for a tram from the parking lot to the TTC. You might have to wait to get thru security. You might have to wait for a monorail or ferry. Or you might hit it just right and sail thru any or all of the above.

I always figure an hour, but that is just my way of making sure that I am ahead of time. Realistically, generally 45 minutes at worst, and typically about half an hour.

Time of day makes a difference as well. If you are going from about 1 hour before the park opens until about 2 hours after the park opens, I think you will have find larger crowds causing more time needed. As the bulk of the people arrive, the waits to go through security or the gates at MK entrance tends to even out so they move quicker.

I still usually plan about 45-60 minutes from the time I park my car until I walk through the MK gates since there can be delays for walking/tram, security, or monorail/ferry. It usually only takes about 30 minutes, but I have gotten to the monorail/ferry and found one has gone down for some reason. This can cause a backup as everyone having to use the same mode of transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter