How long of a drive from OLake to WDW?

disneydreamerinny

Elliot’s MiMi
We are getting a free 10 day stay at OLake compliments of my "wonderful" Aunt and Uncle.
I was booked at Disney's ASMo.
Just curious as to how far it is from the parks?

Is OLake Orange Lake?

Orange Lake Resort is located on 192 West in Kissimmee. It's probably a 10-15 minutes ride (depending on traffic) to the "Main Gate" of DisneyWorld. From there, time to each park will vary. Animal Kingdom will be closest, Magic Kingdom the furthest. Add another 15-30 minutes before you get to the park entrances of each park, roughly.

Are you kidding? Are you dirving 2 mph....

I've never found any drive or transport to the gates to take any great length of time.....

I heard OLake is 5-8 minutes and parking..... has been pretty easy. And please note we are not early risers. If I can get them to the park by 9:30-10:00 I've done a great job....

Hi, we were just at Orange Lake..very nice 2 bedroom condo by the way.....192 construction is now OVER after what seem like 20 years!!!nice easy drive to Disney, no more than 6 to 10 minutes depending on traffic and your luck at 3 traffic lights...enjoy....Ted

Glad to hear that construction is over. What a pain that was. Traffic was nuts on 192 during that.

I heard OLake is 5-8 minutes and parking..... has been pretty easy.

Does this mean you haven't done the drive yourself, just heard about it? Lots of people say "of yeah it's 5 minutes form here" when it's really 20. The drive depends on time of day and what season it is. 192 has lots of traffic at times, plus lights. During peak seasons at WDW you can get stuck in lines reaching the parking gates. More than a few people get lost on the WDW roadway system too. The property is huge.

I always like to give a higher estimate on time than a lower one. After 10+ trips to the area, I should be familiar with traffic patterns and I don't drive 2mph.

but plenty of others.... Never thought drive was at all long and then you add 15-30 minutes to get to the lots... I would say you are at the entrance in almost all cases after driving/parking/shuttle in well under 30 minutes.

You have it taking upto 45 minutes and that sounds way too long unless there is a traffic jam.....

but plenty of others offsite accomodation.... Never thought any drive was at all long and then you added 15-30 minutes to get to the lots... I would say you are at the entrance in almost all cases after driving/parking/shuttle in well under 30 minutes.

You have it taking upto 45 minutes and that sounds way too long unless there is a traffic jam.....

All I can say is that when I stay on-site (usually at OKW) I give myself about 10-20 minutes to get to Epcot and 15-25 minutes to get to AK, for example, depending on season and time of day. Switching park to park at WDW I give 30 minutes minimum to drive and re-park. Times includes the drive/park and tram. If off-site I add a bit more time cushion if necessary. That way I'm not rushed. Sometimes I'm early.

If you or anyone else can make it faster, I applaude you.

Gosh...what a funny debate.....this is VACATION....and what the heck if its a few more minutes.... the tram might just be leaving and you have to wait for the next one, or drats, you park way the end of the lot and have that long walk to the tram, or Security is slow checking you bags, or some poor person's card doesn't go through the machine right and they have to do it again......all these can happen...so RELAX and get ready for a wonderful day at Disney......by the way...advice on the new security checks....No one in the party gets to go through the no stroller or no carry in line.....If you have 3 or 4 carry ins give one to each person and go to 3 different lines.....Have fun.......by the way, we did drive everyday from Olake and got to the entrance... ..and then to the lots.......and then to the tram..... and by the end of the day we saw everything and did everthing we wanted......8 minutes to entrance and then just fun until Main Street...enjoy..Ted

Apologies.... I love Disney and Orlando and always defend it to my non-kid, no commercialization friends. However on this board we have many people (not all) who will always spout the total immersion side of the debate (stay on-site, no other theme parks allowed).

So when I read what I thought was another negative about staying offsite, I wanted to clearup any confusion.

Unless you are at the GF, Ply or Contemporary, it takes time to get anywhere, and never does it seem long.....

I certainly didn't mean to diss off-site properties and that was never my intention. Some are wonderful and I always split stays between on (DVC) and off-site. No "Disney only or die" person here either. Glad to hear that was cleared up.

No matter were you stay it takes time to get where you are going. Maybe it doesn't seem too long sometimes because vacation should be happy and you shouldn't have to worry about things like that. It only comes into play when you have reservations, say for breakfast or dinner or want to park hop to catch a parade or something. Then timing is important.

Hey, I'm always surprized when I easily rack up over 300 miles in a week just going to/from the airport and driving around WDW property with maybe a trip to Universal too. O Lake to MK is just under 9 miles, one way, alone. :eek:

disneydreamerinny ... have fun! Nice gift you received. :cool:

Thankyou everyone for all your replies. It is nice to get both sides of the board.

This certainly did get interesting to read! :eek:

9 miles really isnt that bad. It seemed like we were on the Disney buses for a looooooooong time especially when it was late and we were tired.

I looked at some maps of the property but couldnt get a good estimate on how far it was.
Everyone here cleard that up..

Thankyou

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter