How many days for IOA and US

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how many days you think would be sufficient for Universal Studios and how many for IOA? We will be there 4 days next April and are wondering if one of the parks needs more days than the other. Also, anyone know what the hours for the parks are, generally, for that time of year?

Bump, i too would like to know we have 3 day passes, we have been ti Universal Studios before, but never to IOA. Is 3 days enough time to see all?

I'd like to know also, we are staying at PBH for 3 nights and have a 3 day pass. What are your recommendations?

We spent primarily 2 days at IOA and 1 day at US this last May. My kids are 11, 6, and 3. We saw most everything in IOA that we wanted to and quite a bit of US. I think it just depends what your personal preferences are. IOA is a beautiful park and we plan on visiting there often. I think 2 days would be a bit rushed but 3 should be fine for most people. Other people on the board would say 2 days. It was not real crowded when we went and that makes a big differences as well.

I think that the ideal time for the parks is 3 to 4 days, one park per day, USF first, then IOA next, then back to the best of both parks on day three.

For instance, in my May trip, I did a half day in USF on day one, we got there at 2pm, a full day of USF on day two, a full day of IOA ending with USF at Curious George, then on that Monday we came back for a half day at IOA, early entry, lunch at Confiscos, and ended the day at USF. This covered the full matrix of everything we liked, two or more times on the rides we loved, and more time at the play area for my son, who could probably stay there all day!

It always depends on your family and whether or not you have FOTL, but with or without it you will not lose with at least 3 days.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter