How many days per park, solo traveler

brad813

DIS Veteran
I have a six day ticket for Disney and am combining it with a cruise on NCL(found a good idea) in November 2019. I know I will be doing two days for Epcot, and at least one day each for MK and AK, which I haven't had the opportunity to visit yet(my first main park visit this year was cut short due to a problem with transportation to Florida). I am unsure on what to do with the other two days. I am not overly fond of most of the current rides at HS, so I am not sure if I should do a day there or not, so any advice would be appreciated.

Have you tried Slinky Dog Dash? it's a really good coaster. Since you didnt go to AK yet, you may want to give it am extra day.

I am unsure on what to do with the other two days. I am not overly fond of most of the current rides at HS, so I am not sure if I should do a day there or not, so any advice would be appreciated.
How about half day at HS and then go where you feel like going? You don't need to do a full day there. You can spend the rest of that day exploring resorts and Disney Springs.

For your sixth park my advice would be to think about what you feel you missed or would like to see again and then choose between a second day at MK or AK. I'm with you on two days at Epcot; my choice would be a second day at AK. Which park to YOU think you could spend two days exploring?

How about half day at HS and then go where you feel like going? You don't need to do a full day there. You can spend the rest of that day exploring resorts and Disney Springs.

For your sixth park my advice would be to think about what you feel you missed or would like to see again and then choose between a second day at MK or AK. I'm with you on two days at Epcot; my choice would be a second day at AK. Which park to YOU think you could spend two days exploring?

That's the question since I haven't done MK or AK yet. Epcot I know needs two days since my last visit was rushed.

I have a six day ticket for Disney and am combining it with a cruise on NCL(found a good idea) in November 2019. I know I will be doing two days for Epcot, and at least one day each for MK and AK, which I haven't had the opportunity to visit yet(my first main park visit this year was cut short due to a problem with transportation to Florida). I am unsure on what to do with the other two days. I am not overly fond of most of the current rides at HS, so I am not sure if I should do a day there or not, so any advice would be appreciated.
Well, I’m biased because AK is my favorite park so I’d definitely want multiple days there. I pretty much only go to HS for The Tower of Terror and then I leave. On my most recent trip this year over Halloween, I didn’t visit MK or HS, but I was only there for 3 days. I had a park hopper pass but still didn’t make time to visit because I was too busy at EP and AK. I would’ve liked to have seen Happily Ever After at MK, but I saw it last year at least. Flight of Passage in AK is a great ride and it has really long lines, but you shouldn’t miss it! I personally don’t think you’ll miss much if you choose not to visit HS...

That's the question since I haven't done MK or AK yet. Epcot I know needs two days since my last visit was rushed.
My advice is to make the decision after you have visited both MK and AK. That way you will know what YOU want to see again.

As I said, MY choice would be a second day at AK as is DisneyFan2013's. But you may not feel that way after both parks.

Day 1: MK
Day 2: AK
Day 3: HS then explore some resorts (don't miss Ft. Wilderness)
Day 4: Epcot
Day 5: Epcot
At the end of that day reflect back on what you either missed or would like to see again and go there on day 6.

Well, I’m biased because AK is my favorite park so I’d definitely want multiple days there. I pretty much only go to HS for The Tower of Terror and then I leave. On my most recent trip this year over Halloween, I didn’t visit MK or HS, but I was only there for 3 days. I had a park hopper pass but still didn’t make time to visit because I was too busy at EP and AK. I would’ve liked to have seen Happily Ever After at MK, but I saw it last year at least. Flight of Passage in AK is a great ride and it has really long lines, but you shouldn’t miss it! I personally don’t think you’ll miss much if you choose not to visit HS...

Tower of Terror was a once and done for me. If I chose to do HS again, it would probably be in the afternoon/evening in order to catch the shows and do a few of the rides I didn't get the chance to on the first visit. I had planned to do a full week back in April, but my transportation got messed up and I had to cut it down to one day. Ended up with still having the longer ticket leftover, so am doing a nice two week vacation before I have to get ready to move, prior to starting a police academy(hopefully).

My advice is to make the decision after you have visited both MK and AK. That way you will know what YOU want to see again.

As I said, MY choice would be a second day at AK as is DisneyFan2013's. But you may not feel that way after both parks.

Day 1: MK
Day 2: AK
Day 3: HS then explore some resorts (don't miss Ft. Wilderness)
Day 4: Epcot
Day 5: Epcot
At the end of that day reflect back on what you either missed or would like to see again and go there on day 6.

Actually thinking about camping out at Fort Wilderness, given that it will be tolerable enough weather in November. It does occur to me though that I could consider MVMCP in addition, though I am unsure at this time. Will have to wait and see on the prices.

I would do your 2 days at Epcot (Tuesday personally, I would like to space them out a bit, not back to back) and a dat each at MK and AK. THEN decide which one you would like to do twice. Unless Star Wars is open at HS, I don’t think HS is a full day park. Will you have a park hopper?

I would do your 2 days at Epcot (Tuesday personally, I would like to space them out a bit, not back to back) and a dat each at MK and AK. THEN decide which one you would like to do twice. Unless Star Wars is open at HS, I don’t think HS is a full day park. Will you have a park hopper?

I am undecided on that, but the overall cost to add it would be about $50, give or take, based on what I saw on the website. I have had my ticket for a while so I am under the old pricing scheme.

I decided, ultimately, to do two at Epcot, two at MK, and either two at AK or split the second day between AK and another park. What is everyone's opinion on how to approach MVMCP and scheduling parks? I don't know if I am doing that yet, but I was thinking it may be a good way to get lighter evenings in other parks if I plan carefully.

I absolutely would get a park hopper. Pick one park a day to start in, get there early as ride as much as u can early in the day, get some mid morning fast passes, go back to the resort for a nap, and then go to whatever park u feel like for the afternoon/evening. If u have time visit some resorts, they r beautiful and it is relaxing. Also disney springs is fun. I enjoy riding the boats and monorails as well. I don't like having a strict itinary and I like to visit 2 parks a day or one park and a resort or two. Have fun!

I absolutely would get a park hopper. Pick one park a day to start in, get there early as ride as much as u can early in the day, get some mid morning fast passes, go back to the resort for a nap, and then go to whatever park u feel like for the afternoon/evening. If u have time visit some resorts, they r beautiful and it is relaxing. Also disney springs is fun. I enjoy riding the boats and monorails as well. I don't like having a strict itinary and I like to visit 2 parks a day or one park and a resort or two. Have fun!

Not sure if I will be on property. If I do stay on property it will be Fort Wilderness. Cant stand the monorail(feels like the thing is gonna come off the track to me), but love the boats. I was thinking about doing the Parkhopper plus so I could have some extras for arrival day and in between parks.

I decided, ultimately, to do two at Epcot, two at MK, and either two at AK or split the second day between AK and another park. What is everyone's opinion on how to approach MVMCP and scheduling parks? I don't know if I am doing that yet, but I was thinking it may be a good way to get lighter evenings in other parks if I plan carefully.

If you decide to do MVMCP, on that day you could do the first part of the day at HS and then head over to MK prior to the party start. This would allow you to do a partial HS day without having to pay for a park hopper. You could do this with any park, but it looked like there was thought of a 1/2 day HS.

I personally don't find park hoppers to be worth it most of the time (unpopular opinion here). I have gotten more value from the hard ticketed events than park hoppers.

If you decide to do MVMCP, on that day you could do the first part of the day at HS and then head over to MK prior to the party start. This would allow you to do a partial HS day without having to pay for a park hopper. You could do this with any park, but it looked like there was thought of a 1/2 day HS.

I personally don't find park hoppers to be worth it most of the time (unpopular opinion here). I have gotten more value from the hard ticketed events than park hoppers.

Still weighing my options, though the argument for park hoppers is that it would allow me to jump over to HS on my second Epcot day for the evening shows.

I would personnel do 2 days in a park, take a day off, two days in a park, take a day off, etc.
On the days off I would do:
Depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

I would personnel do 2 days in a park, take a day off, two days in a park, take a day off, etc.
On the days off I would do:
Depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

I can't do a two on one off schedule with having plans after my time at Disney World. I have a cruise the following week, so that puts me on a time crunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter