How many FP+s are you able to do in a day?

How many FP+ do you do in a day?

Votes: 6 8.8%

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • More than 6

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters

Bete

DIS Veteran
Would especially like to know who is getting more than three done in a day and if you would share your strategy how you are able to do more, please.

I'm wanting to be realistic with my expectations. We are planning a trip in December.

The most I've had in one day was 5, but I did rope drop and clocked out of the park just before the 3 o'clock parade. I didn't go back in the evening, so I could have gotten more if I'd stuck it out.

We did around 8-12 each day on our last trip. Booked FP 60 days out for high demand rides. Did those early in the day. Then used app as soon as we tapped Mickey heads 3rd 4th etc FP to schedule the next one.

Our last trip we had 13 people, so we didn't get to do man 4th+ FP, but one evening everyone else went to the pool and just my husband and I stayed in MK. We were able to get 5 or so extra FPs (we had used our 3 earlier). We weren't trying that hard, either.

When the 2 of us go in November, I'm hoping for 10 or more a day. Might not happen, but I'm going to try!

We are slow and happy with three rides in a day. We take our time, go for breaks at the resort and spend a lot of time strolling around watching the shows that happen at times around WS or taking a few minutes to people watch while we have an ice cream. We like the boat to the MK from the GF and we enjoy the gorillas and tigers in the AK.

We will do most rides that we really want to do at least once per trip. I didn't know until recently that you could do a 4th in a day, but we might do that now sometimes - maybe - or maybe not.

We were doing 6-7 on our trip two weeks ago at every park except AK. We schedule our first 3 early and then I get on the app and just keep scheduling them. It is easier to do at MK since there are so many more rides, but we had great luck at Epcot and DHS too.

I'm a bit of a Disney novice but is it really as simple as using all three of your FastPasses and then going on the app/browser and being able to add more? Is it free to get extra FPs?

I'm a bit of a Disney novice but is it really as simple as using all three of your FastPasses and then going on the app/browser and being able to add more? Is it free to get extra FPs?
Fast Passes are always absolutely free! Always, whether it's the first three or any there after, always free and always have been free!

Last trip you had to go to the kiosk to get extra FP. Those lines were long so we didn't think it was wise to wait in a line just so we didn't have to wait in another line. So we only did 3 a day but managed to ride everything we wanted and our favorites multiple times. We go at the end of August when crowds are a bit lower. We never wait more than 15-20 minutes for any ride. We do RD, midday break by the pool and PM park with FP+ starting around 5 pm. Now that you can pull extras on your phone I will see what is available after we use our last one but it's not going to be do or die for me since it'll be after 7 pm most likely. I'm sure there won't be much available.

It also depends on the ride. The popular rides will have extremely limited availability the day off. Little kid rides will have plenty of availability (think Aladdin carpets, Barnstormer, Nemo, Figment, etc.). Of course, you may not save more than a few minutes with a FP+ for those rides.

We went to MK on 6/13 and didn't get there until 4pm. I had FP for Space, Splash, and Big Thunder between 4 and 7. After that, I picked up Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates, then we left the park by 9. There were still things available after that too.

We found it pretty easy to get ++++ fastpasses. In the afternoons we split into 2 parties of 2 (DH and ODD went to another park, LO and I stayed at MK). I was able to get DH and ODD RocknRoller Coaster (they had a dessert party to get to, so not a lot of time for rides), and LO and I did Winnie the Pooh, UNder the Sea, Tea Cups, Small World, Enchanted Tales with Belle all within about an hour and a half. Not super headliners, but we could have gotten "bigger" rides if she was up for it, esp. if we were willing to stay in the park later. At Animal Kingdom we also were able to find fastpasses for pretty much anything we wanted (pandora excepted!) after we'd used our original 3. Refreshing does wonders. You have to be willing to go where the FP takes you, so it can involve a fair amount of criss crossing the park.

Many, many variables. Crowd level. Party size. Attraction popularity. If one shoots for less popular attractions, FPs will be available instantly and can be used instantly allowing for immediate access to yet another FP. This approach can go on for some time. Obviously if one aims for the most popular attractions, you would get different results. We typically get around 6 a day.

Is the mobile browser faster?
I've just found access through mobile browser easier to refresh. If first group of FP+ are not what you're looking for (time/attraction), refreshing will usually show other options as FP+'s are continually being dumped and picked up. Spending 5-10 mins refreshing can usually net a FP+ selection of your preference. This is best at MK, HS, then Epcot and last AK.

Use mobile browser, instead of app, to access MDE and refresh, refresh, refresh until you find time and/or attraction you want.

I was trying to do it through the app and couldn't figure out how people were refreshing without having to start again. This is amazing!!! hahaha

I just got a 5:30pm to pop up for Big Thunder for tonight when the times were after 9pm initially

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter