How many of you had your first Disney park experience as an adult?

I was 28 and 7 months pregnant with my 2nd and it was August - what was I thinking? I’ll tell you - not that as this pregnancy was a welcomed shocked surprise!! My other child was 6. We never took vacations when I was a kid - but we always watched The Wonderful World of Disney !! ❤️

I must have been 24 or 25 the first time I went. Of course, I did graduate high school in the same year that WDW opened.

WDW when I was 36.
Took DS and DD to compete in Jr. Olympics in St. Petersburg.......so stayed another week for the park.

We are west coast people, so it took something like that to get us over.
DL......I was very young

Me! I was 26. My parents always told me WDW wasn’t as fun as I thought it was until my older son was 4. Then they told me that they were gifting us a trip when he turned 5. Now I understand why they didn’t take me as a kid, I would have made them crazy about going all the time!

We first went as a family in 1998, so I was 36. DH had been as a child but our family vacations when I was a kid were always camping trips near home. We had a good trip and I immediately started planning a second trip in 2000!

Ironically, my parents went to Disney World for a conference the week I had to move into a college dorm for the first time. I was the 6th kid so I guess they were over the college thing (I was not happy that my brother-in-law had to help me move)

While I was 7 for my first and only Disneyland trip (thanks to a very wonderful, generous aunt!) it wasn't until my senior year in high school that I got to go to the Magic Kingdom (that's all WDW was at the time, plus resorts) and I think I was 17?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter