How many resorts do you call home?

Zach197

Mouseketeer
Hey DVC fam. I own at Poly SSR and AKL. I’m looking at beach club contracts thinking to myself how many is too many home resorts. Let me know how many home resorts you own at and if you think too many is possible!

AKV, BLT, BCV
IMO, as long as the points are used, there doesn't need to be a limit on homes. Your homes are the only places that can be reserved at the 11 month window. I'm a big supporter of buy where you want to stay. Luckily we can usually find what we need at BC in the Spring at the 7 month window using our other home contracts but Fall the 7 month deadline is a 'no go' which is why we bought BCV and then bought there again. We have found the 11 month window is the only way to access the most inexpensive villas.

Hypothetically, too many isn't possible. I'm a big fan of this hypothetical.

However, for some of us, reality would have us doing business of a sort renting out points to pay dues on those many resorts we own.

So, yes, unless we enjoy wheelin' 'n' dealin' of that sort, too many is possible.

Definitely not possible to have too many! Nothing a handy spreadsheet can’t track :)
I only have two - BWV and SSR. Might pick up VGF2…

My addonitis is cured. The way I planned to use DVC, and the way I assume future buyers would have wanted to also, can't exist without APs. Even the less frequent DVC visitor who did a late October, early October, skip a year kind of thing. That doesn't even work anymore. IMO, this is a big deal long term.

Resorts like Poly and VGF still have hotel rooms they are competing against, so that still makes sense to me, at least for now. I am seriously eyeing selling my SSR. I view SAP as less useful than I did in a world with (full price) APs.

The way I planned to use DVC, and the way I assume future buyers would have wanted to also, can't exist without APs. Even the less frequent DVC visitor who did a late October, early October, skip a year kind of thing. That doesn't even work anymore.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but I think you're mistaken that owners can't benefit without an AP.

We've never had one because we can go only once annually, if that (due to points needed), dictated by how much vacation DH has.

Oh, forgot to mention we own at VGF and currently are waiting on Disney's decision on an OKW resale.

I have worked to maintain a single home resort and a single use year, so I can maximize my 11 month booking window. I have 510 points across 8 contracts added on across 5-6 years or so.

I have not regretted it at all. One member ID. One banking date, incredibly simple to manage.

AKV, BLT, BRV, BWV, OKW, RIV

I am looking for some more points at BLT and possibly add-in to GFV-II when it becomes available. So long as I use up my points before they expire, it is not an issue for me.
Wow 6 home resorts I love it

3- Copper Creek (direct) and Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge (resale).

I really like Beach Club and its impossible to get in there when I want to go- contemplating adding on a small resale contract.
We have 4 contracts total and only one is in a different use year. I haven't found it to be an issue at all.

Two: SSR and BRV. Do two trips a year, one in February/March, and one in September for F&W. Maybe 5 or 6 park days per year, so we don't care about AP's (I can't be bothered with the offset vacations every other year to get 2 years out of one AP).

(I can't be bothered with the offset vacations every other year to get 2 years out of one AP).

Ohhhh, didn't think of that.

We wouldn't want to try juggling when to go based on AP expiration anyway.

We're creatures of convenience even though that may cost us a bit more.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but I think you're mistaken that owners can't benefit without an AP.

We've never had one because we can go only once annually, if that (due to points needed), dictated by how much vacation DH has.

I bought DVC, planning to buy an AP in summer 2020. I wouldn't have bought DVC without APs, honestly. I don't think I'm the only one who planned that way.

So, now I'm in the position where I finally have my APs (for a year at least), so yay for me. But if APs aren't available, maybe it's time to sell. Swolphin is $159 and has a laundromat in the basement. My contracts are so far up in value, and I don't want to be left holding the bag on a product which keeps getting undermined by leadership decisions.

Ohhhh, didn't think of that.

We wouldn't want to try juggling when to go based on AP expiration anyway.

We're creatures of convenience even though that may cost us a bit more.
That’s usually the response you get when you say you don’t go often enough in a calendar year to benefit from buying an AP, so I figured I’d get out ahead of it.

I don’t walk, stalk, borrow, waitlist, or try to work the calendar to”benefit” from AP’s. I also don’t really like booking at 11 months, but will do it to secure a room and actually start planning in earnest about 4 or 5 months out.

I bought DVC, planning to buy an AP in summer 2020. I wouldn't have bought DVC without APs, honestly. I don't think I'm the only one who planned that way.

So, now I'm in the position where I finally have my APs (for a year at least), so yay for me. But if APs aren't available, maybe it's time to sell. Swolphin is $159 and has a laundromat in the basement. My contracts are so far up in value, and I don't want to be left holding the bag on a product which keeps getting undermined by leadership decisions.
If you are an AP holder now why wouldn't APs be available for you when it comes time to renew? They are still allowing renewals, just not new sales.

If you are an AP holder now why wouldn't APs be available for you when it comes time to renew? They are still allowing renewals, just not new sales.

Big assumption, but let's say it's true. Yay for me!

But what about the future DVC buyers out there whose plans don't work without an AP? Of course no APs will impact DVC overall. No APs during Covid, no APs for the holidays, whatever. But this is starting to look like a WDW with no APs at all. That's a big change in overall pricing, and a big change in who is going to be buying.

All that to say, I'm thinking about selling SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter