How much cash should we take for the ABD Grand European tour?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
We will have a credit card but would like to take some cash as well on our Grand European Tour. How much cash is recommended to take on average?

H
We will have a credit card but would like to take some cash as well on our Grand European Tour. How much cash is recommended to take on average?
Hi, as you have most of the meals included, i'd say no more than 100€ or GBP per day (remember that England has a different currency)

Personally, I would use a Revolut card. I had used it when travelling to USA, England, Switzerland and Egypt (non ABD) and no issues. You can withdraw up to 200 € a month from ATMs with the most basic plan, and in Europe most of the shops and restaurants admit credit card payments.
I don't know if you can get a Revolut account being from USA but i'm sure there are similar options there.

Let me know if you have other inquiries

Regards

I will usually get about $100 dollars worth of the country's currency before I go, just in case something happens, and I need to get a taxi or something, and they don't take a credit card. But so many places take credit cards these days, cash is rarely needed (you can even use paypal to tip the Adventure Guides most times now, but you can always use whatever cash you have left over to pay for that). And ATMs are plentiful in Europe if you have an emergency.

Sayhello

Thank you. I didn’t realize that England has a different currency. I thought all of Europe accepted the euro. Glad I asked this question.

Yes, they never changed to euro when the rest of us European countries changed to it.

Thank you. I didn’t realize that England has a different currency. I thought all of Europe accepted the euro. Glad I asked this question.
Yes, all of the United Kingdom uses the British Pound. Their electrical plug adaptors are also different from those used in much of Europe. So you'll need separate adaptors for England & for France.

In fact, according to Google, 8 countries even within the European Union don't use the euro. (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Sweden). I know some shops in those countries will accept the euro, but the exchange rate in the shops is pretty bad. (I experienced this in Hungary and the Czech Republic).

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter