• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much data for Max Pass?

tlcdoula

DIS Veteran
We are heading down in a couple weeks and I am wondering how much data people are noticing they use for a day using max pass?

I am going to up my roaming data plan before we come and want to make sure that I have enough to cover us while we are down there.

In 3 days it's used 161 mb. I've used almost exclusively data since their "wifi" is a hot steaming dumpster fire train wreck insert other words here.
I was having trouble articulating what my experience was like with the wifi when we were there, but yeah, that was it! :rotfl:

We just left, used Maxpass 4 of 5 days. Data use was under 1GB for two phones, which included regular phone usage, surfing, Facebook (etc.) and Maxpass. I don't think Maxpass was much of a blip on our data usage. However the app fried our (older) iPhone batteries. I was usually on my backup battery by noon. Plan for that. Wifi, what wifi? We never connected in the parks. But Maxpass was worth every single penny. Made for a great trip!

MaxPass didn't use much data at all. 3 days, 108 MB total. I even turned off my WiFi signal so I wouldn't waste any battery searching for one. Also used the app for looking up entertainment, characters, dining, menus. My battery lasted all day though I didn't surf on it much - just Disneyland App, camera, texts. Each person in our family carried a copy of their park ticket in a clear lanyard for scanning into the FP queues. Not sure how much battery that saved, if any.

As everyone else said, very, very little data. It can be a battery drain though.

So a "roam like home" package that gives 100 MB per day is enough? I'm debating that (which is cheaper) vs. a flat package of 1 GB for your whole trip. I just want to be sure that 100 MB per day would be enough. I will turn data off for other apps.

So a "roam like home" package that gives 100 MB per day is enough? I'm debating that (which is cheaper) vs. a flat package of 1 GB for your whole trip. I just want to be sure that 100 MB per day would be enough. I will turn data off for other apps.

100 MB per day is plenty if you do as you said and turn off the other apps. We used the Disney App a ton (character locations, menus, wait times, MaxPass) and barely went over 100 MB for 3 days total.

ETA this is only for the DL app.

I used 115mb over 3 days. I did not turn on wifi in the Parks but I did use wifi at hotel for a couple hours each afternoon and used the app the to book a couple FPs.

I have used 42 mb that includes 2 days at DL, but also probably has some from being at home and having data on.
Total = 157mb includes 5 days at DL using MaxPass all day.

Didn't use much data in 5 days, but drains battery big time. We found it was way easier to scan our tickets than to scan our phone. Especially when you have to scan it more than once on some rides. That should save you some data also. I was also told to take a pic of your barcodes and use that when checking in for rides or for pics. It saves on data and battery use. Max pass is amazing and easy!

ETA this is only for the DL app.

I used 115mb over 3 days. I did not turn on wifi in the Parks but I did use wifi at hotel for a couple hours each afternoon and used the app the to book a couple FPs.

I have used 42 mb that includes 2 days at DL, but also probably has some from being at home and having data on.
Total = 157mb includes 5 days at DL using MaxPass all day.

I am from Canada so would need to add data to one of our phones- can I use 1 phone for all 3 tickets? thank you!

Another vote for bringing a battery back-up. I have 2 and forgot both at home so I had to be very careful. I didn't use much data at all.

I am from Canada so would need to add data to one of our phones- can I use 1 phone for all 3 tickets? thank you!

We are from Canada and will be using MAXPASS. I see from previous replies in 2017 that maxpass doesnt use up too much data. Is that still the case? if we are there for 2 or 3 days, how much data would we use up for maxpass rides? ... also, checking, is the wifi any better? or still poor?

We are from Canada and will be using MAXPASS. I see from previous replies in 2017 that maxpass doesnt use up too much data. Is that still the case? if we are there for 2 or 3 days, how much data would we use up for maxpass rides? ... also, checking, is the wifi any better? or still poor?

I last reset my phone’s cellular usage stats a little over a month ago. Since then, it reports the Disneyland app as having used about 151 MB of data. That covers a period that includes a 4-day trip (2 partial, 2 full) to Disneyland Resort. Outside of the 4-day trip, I would expect that most of the app usage would have been on WiFi. That might not be a precise measurement. But hopefully it’s still a useful data point for you.

We have still not found the parks’ WiFi access to be reliable. Some have actually reported that it seems to interfere with smooth operation of the Disneyland app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter