How much did your holiday cost?

Right lets see if I can remember last trip:lmao: Sept/oct 2010.
2adults and 1x 8 year old
Flights £1515
5 nights RPR club level £575
6 nights SSR with free DDP and tickets.£1512
4 nights AKLV Dvc £351
Seaworld/universal tickets-£230
Penguin encounter £ 73
MNSSHP £101
DVC DDP £211
Taxi to RPR and SSR £ 65
Spending money £1300
Total cost £4803

Nov 2011 3 adults one child(but buying adult ticket for ad DDP)
Flights OKW free DDP 14 day Tickets 5 nights Complete Orlando £3343
DCL nights £1366
Estimate for tickets Ioa/discovery cove £600
DVC 5 nights approx £450
Food for the DVC days £350
Taxi/transfers to port £220
£1500 spending money(here abouts):laughing:

Total estimated £7829:scared1:
Not too bad considering my mom is coming and we are doing the cruise. Better start saving:rolleyes:

2 Weeks end Aug/start Sept
2 adults
£1550 - flight and Rosen Inn @ Pointe ORlando
£320 - PE upgrade
£223 x 2 - 14 night Disney tickets
£320 - I2 Car hire with A/I ins.

Total so far £2636
Spends £1500 (max)

Extras - Possible 2 nights at BCV £200/Discovery Cove £300 - not sure about Universal yet - but probably only get a 1 day ticket cost - ?

Katie x

Extras - Possible 2 nights at BCV £200/Discovery Cove £300 - not sure about Universal yet - but probably only get a 1 day ticket cost - ?

Katie x

$82 + tax I think

Our January trip cost us £1560 for a package (first ever)
Thomson flights from Manchester (Best flights ever)
2 weeks at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
£2000ish spends

£40 for Purple Parking
£90 for petrol Ayrshire - Manchester

£3690ish not counting flex pay payments for our SW US annual passes

right here goes...

2 Adults and Infant (5mths) 23rd Feb - 07th Mar 2010

£1755 - Flights inc taxes with BA and 12 nights at PORS (BA Holidays)
£420 - disney tickets
£54 - car park at gatwick
£1200 - spending money
£0 - used disney express so no car needed

total - £3429

i am actually quite impressed with that, might go again next year... :goodvibes

OMG just seen this and after swearing we wouldnt go this year... 2011's trip is costin!!!!

2 Adults and Infant (20mths) 02nd May to 17th May 2011

£925 - Flights inc taxes with BA
£1894 13 nights at PORS with QSDP and 14 Nights park tickets
£64 - car park at gatwick
£500 - spending money
Total = £3383 - slightly cheaper than 2010 and we get an extra night, think thats the dinning plan thats done that! :thumbsup2

OMG just seen this and after swearing we

Yes, I did the same. On the plane there I was explaining to my DD that there was no Disney for 2011. On the plane home I had my paper and budget out together with a calendar for potential dates. At least this time I actually took our cases upstairs before booking the next trip when we arrived home :lmao:

slightly cheaper than 2010 and we get an extra night

I found exactly the same. My savings came in from booking the flights separately and also saved by moving the trip one week earlier than last year which shaved some of the hotel cost. Still, paying less for an extra night there is pretty good. Also last year was a surprise trip for my DD and I spent a lot on extras. This year is going to have fewer ADRs out of pocket and not so many add ons.

OMG just seen this and after swearing we wouldnt go this year... 2011's trip is costin!!!!

2 Adults and Infant (20mths) 02nd May to 17th May 2011

£925 - Flights inc taxes with BA
£1894 13 nights at PORS with QSDP and 14 Nights park tickets
£64 - car park at gatwick
£500 - spending money
Total = £3383 - slightly cheaper than 2010 and we get an extra night, think thats the dinning plan thats done that! :thumbsup2

(Almost) same dates as us :thumbsup2 I think you got a pretty good deal there too.

Yes, I did the same. On the plane there I was explaining to my DD that there was no Disney for 2011. On the plane home I had my paper and budget out together with a calendar for potential dates. At least this time I actually took our cases upstairs before booking the next trip when we arrived home :lmao:
QUOTE]

love it lol! :lmao:

Its actually not costing us much as my dad is paying for the whole thing apart from spends so its the cheapest trip we have ever had, and also my best ever crimbo pressie!!!! I did look around and got a few different quotes as we were really flexible with our dates but the flights were the cheapest i could find, i actually thought maybe BA had mis priced them they were so good lol! I did notice that our dates are very similar, we might see you there!

All these are for 2 adults and 1 child

End Nov/early December 2009

3 flights virgin to mco booked direct with virgin atlantic in the Aug bank holiday sale - £1100. We flew on a thursday and came back monday to get the cheaper price.

4 nights Quality inn plaza (now rosen pointe orlando) - £80 (booked via special on US travel zoo)

14 nights All star movies booked with US disney online. Included free qsdp upgraded to ddp - cost £1270. Booked 3 months prior to travel.

Seaworld tickets - got DH's online from seaworld (adult at kids price) and mine and DD's there as they do half price tickets for disabled people and a carer. We also used these to come back second day free - so approx $130.

10 day MYW tickets. Me and DH had unused tickets from a previous trip. Bought DD one from undercover tourist. £150 or so.

Car hire - we actually hired a car twice for a few days each time and used disney transport in between. Say £200.

Bibbidi bobbidi boutique $60, MVMCP for me and DD $100, plus Manchester airport parking £50.

Plus spends ???

Approx £3050 plus spends

October half term 2010

3 virgin flights and intermediate car/all insurance booked through Jetsave £1899. Booked march, so 7 months prior to travelling and I struggled to get us flights at a price I would pay.

Old key West 14 nights, free ddp booked with disney UK online 7 months before we travelled. Including 3 disney 14 day ultimate tickets. £2238.

MNSSHP $150, BBB $60, meteor meet and greet parking at manchester £35 (50% off code posted by wayne)

Spends ???

Approx £4274 plus spends

October half term 2011

Flights and hotel booked as a package with thomas cook online - 2/12/10 - day our flights released. Total £2088.14.

Flights - manchester to mco via philadelphia with US airways.
3 bed condo Floridays resort 14 nights.
Flights were £1540 and condo £762.44 but you saved another 10% booking flights and hotel at the same time, so total £2088.14.

Airport parking with meteor £50
car hire to book approx £300
Food £1000
Tickets planning on 10 day myw and seaworld £570
BBB $60
Spends ???

£4050 plus spends

Oooh totally off topic were off to Munich in April!:)

Ooh let me know what you thought, Germany has been on my 'list' for years :goodvibes I really want to make a side trip to Europa Park but driving from Munich and back on the autobahn scares me! :scared1:

We are doing our second 'trip of a lifetime' this year. Me, dh, dd15,dd8 and ds4.
Our holidays costs:
Flights with Thomson from NCL - £3875
3 weeks at Disney Beach Club with Complete Orlando - £4095
3 weeks Disney tix £1312
1 week RPR Club room - £1250
1 week Sarasota Tropical Shores - £920
Car Hime -7 seater for 5 weeks (Usrentacar) - £895
Universal tix - £450
Cirque tix £265
Baseball tix £200 ish
Around £13000ish???
Need a lie down now!!

We are doing our second 'trip of a lifetime' this year. Me, dh, dd15,dd8 and ds4.
Our holidays costs:
Flights with Thomson from NCL - £3875
3 weeks at Disney Beach Club with Complete Orlando - £4095
3 weeks Disney tix £1312
1 week RPR Club room - £1250
1 week Sarasota Tropical Shores - £920
Car Hime -7 seater for 5 weeks (Usrentacar) - £895
Universal tix - £450
Cirque tix £265
Baseball tix £200 ish
Around £13000ish???
Need a lie down now!!

:scared1: Good god :lmao: Fair enough for spending that though, if you've got it, spend it!

Here's my costings for September (solo trip):

Flights (Virgin PE with M+M, LGW to MCO) - £872
14 nights at POR, free QSDDP, 14 day ticket (for price of 7) - £1692
IOA/US Ticket - £94
Travel Insurance - £39.99

Total: £2698

Plus a little spending money and Gatwick Hotel and Parking :)

Same here, taking the in law but what the hell

May 2010
20 nights
Size of party : 3 adults, 1 child & 1 infant
Cost of flights: £3300 Virgin PE
accommodation: £1850 Villa in Wyndsor Palms
park tickets: ~ £2000 not bought yet but all annual passes as we're going twice this year
car hire: £600
spending money : ~£4000 (I do buy a couple of good suits and that's generally where all our year's clothes get bought! and maybe a gadget or two if they're bargains)
total : £11750

Ha ha, that shocked me even though I knew it was a lot

August 2010
13 nights
Size of party : 2 adults, 2 children (turns 2 in June)
Cost of flights: £3000 Virgin PE
accommodation: £1000 Villa in Wyndsor Palms
park tickets: 0
car hire: £350
spending money : ~£1000
total : £5350

Total for year : £17100

I will not, I repeat not be showing the wife this thread!

:scared1: Are you a Bank manager LOL?

I wish I was :rotfl2:

2008 must have been the most expensive year with 4 trips between Easter and Xmas including 2 cruises(which alone were £2,500) with spend, food and everything there wouldn't have been much change from £20k that year.:scared1:

I wish I was :rotfl2:

2008 must have been the most expensive year with 4 trips between Easter and Xmas including 2 cruises(which alone were £2,500) with spend, food and everything there wouldn't have been much change from £20k that year.:scared1:

You know, looking at figures like this, the initial reaction is :scared1: :eek: (BTW, I have not spent that in a single year - more like the total of our trips, although I don't care to add them up accurately at this time :rolleyes1)

Yet I think to myself, how can I possibly put a monetary value on what my DD and I have gained from our experiences? Unfortunately, none of my family members see it quite from the same point of view as I do. Fortunately, as an adult who takes responsibility for the decisions I make for myself, my daughter and the two of us as a family, it's only my take on it that matters. :)

Costs for this year's trip in October

Package with Virgin

2 Adults + 2 Children
Direct flights Man/MCO
14 nights SSR - I bed Villa
DDP
14 Day Ultimate Disney Tickets
1 night + 15 days parking @ Ramada Manchester £179.00
Spending Money £800 approx

£5479.00

Extra will be Seaworld/Aquatica and MNSSHP

My May 2011 holiday is as follows:

2 adults, I child (7yrs)

Accomodation - £850
Flights - £2068
Atol Charge - £7.50
Car Platinum Insurance - £336
Disney Ultimate 14 days - £705
2 day Universal pass - free
CC Charge - £72.71
Total - £4039.21

Online Booking discount £330.95

Total Paid £3708.26

Insurance cover via bank so no additional cost

Spending money - haven't a clue yet but just bought two large extremely light weight cases and my friend who is a disney regular has convinced us to half fill them before we go :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

DP said we will get some more dollars (have $471 so far) and take a credit card and I am not to worry about spending LOL! As long as he doesn't add up the receipts until we get back I will be having a ball. :yay: :yay:

Up and coming three weeks trip in five weeks.

2 adults & 2 children.

Flights : Virgin M+M LHR - Miami £1600 :thumbsup2

Emerald Island Villa £1200

3 nights accom in Miami £300

3 nights Disney Dream cruise £1000

Insurance £80

Heathrow hotel & parking £150

14 day Disney ultimates, 2park universal tkts and 3 park Busch, Aquatica nad Seaworld. £1500

20 days 4x4 car hire £475

Total: £6305.

Additional budget for Food/spending money/fuel/parking £2000

Yikes!! :scared1::scared1:

That was a total of 5 weeks remember. I'm very lucky there's no doubt about it, self employed and doing pretty well especially given the climate.

This year is 4 weeks just the four of us for most of August.

Flights: £4100 Virgin PE M+M 2 adults 2 children
Villa in Rolling Hills: £1400 (wow is all I can say at this price)
Car (not yet booked): £900
Park tickets: ~£2000
Cruise: £1300

Spends no idea but 4 weeks for £9900. As I've said before and I'll happily say again, I'd rather work until I'm 75 and not miss a second of my girls growing up. We have such a good time over there that not a day passes without some thought of Florida crossing my mind.

I don't follow football (an expensive hobby), I don't go out to the pub or play golf, we have no other holidays and rarely have weekends away etc. Don't smoke, like wine but thank God for supermarket price wars.

All in all well worth the cost but pretty disgusted at flight prices this year. Manchester really needs some competition soon or the airport will just fade away, high fees and limited routes will really damage the North West.

22 weeks and 2 days not that I'm counting lol

Okay, so bearing in mind I'm working in euro here:

16 nights
Size of party : 2 adults, 3 children 14, 12 and 10
Cost of flights: 2,300 BA
accommodation: 1850 Villa in Windsor Hills
2 Nights at HRH: Free (gift from friends)
1 night at Nick Hotel: 90.00
1 night at Sofitel Gatwick: 190
park tickets: Disney Ultimate and Universal combo: 1850
car hire: 500
spending money : ~6000 The kids save all year and have 500 each going, we are also big character diners and shoppers.
total : €10,930

I must say the spending money is actually quite shocking looking at this. We don't do DDP but i am seriously consider SSR or OKW next year. I think we'd save a packet food wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter