how much do diapers cost in US?

Susanne

Earning My Ears
i'm debating bringing my own 1-week supply, vs bringing a few and buying some at the grocery store when i get there (i will NOT be buying them in any resort/hotel shops, don't worry).

how do US prices compare to CDN prices?

thanks,

susanne

Excuse me if this is not accurate because I'm going from my memory here. When my son was still in diapers the price in US funds converted to CDN were more expensive then here at home. Most stores here use them as a loss leader. When we went with my then six month old last May we took what we needed from home. I just like to know that I don't have to worry about going to the Wal-Mart first thing when I get there. When we go in December I will again be taking enough diapers for our eight day trip. It will probably only be one package this time since she will be 14 months old then.

This said, we do however drive and so the space they take up doesn't matter to me. If I was flying I may have a different idea. You could just put them in the suitcase with the clothes and this will leave room to bring home all the cute outfits you could pick up at the Carter, Gap, & Oshkosh B'Gosh outlets.

Have fun!

Diapers and Pull-ups are about the same price on the tag ... but when you factor in that exchange rate, it makes them pretty expensive to buy down there. I always take what I need from home, but we drive so it's never a problem. I guess it depends on how old the baby is and how long your trip is. If you can fit 'em in, take 'em with you.

Mary Liz

I wish I could remember the exact price for you, but I can't. Both WDW trips (2001 and 2002) we took diapers down there from home, but I do recall looking at the price of diapers in Florida and I was HAPPY that I brought them from home. April 2002, I ran out of wipes and had to buy a pak of Huggies wipes at Goodings for $7.00 USF! It's nice to bring diapers down so you have room in your suit case for souveniers coming home. April 2001, my ds wore about 4 diapers a day, so I brought down 6 diapers figuring in more diaper changes for swimming. It was perfect, I was down to 3 diapers when we came home. April 2002 trip I just brought a pak of 64 diapers since they diaper company can squish the diapers into the pak better than me. S

It mostly depends on where you buy them. Living in the US I will tell you in general you do better to go somewhere like Target or WalMart. ToysRUs and BabiesRUs are pretty good too. Grocery stores prices for diapers can be crazy and don't even dream about buying them at WDW!! In US$$ I know I had to pick up Pampers Premium Size 3 at the grocery store the other day and it cost me $18.99 That is pretty standard grocery pricing. I would have saved a few dollars at Target or WalMart or BabiesRUS. Sams Club is the best place to get them. Same goes for wipes. SandraC, Gooding's is the biggest rip-off around, no offense. but I am not surprised you overpaid that much. If you must buy them there and you can't get to WalMart or such, at least try for Publix or WinnDixie. It sounds like you guys get better rates than we do!! Maybe I will make a trip to Canada and stock up on diapers,lol!!!!

I forgot to say that that price was for a "Mega" pack, 70 size 3 diapers :D

from the few online sites i could find (plus the information in this thread), the prices look about the same in CAD and USD, so given our paltry CDN dollar, the prices here are better. plus i have coupons, which may be valid only in Canada, i don't know.

i'll be going to a grocery store upon arrival anyhow, but don't intend on driving all over the place just to save a few dollars on diapers.

thanks again,

susanne

Just as a general note, not just for diapers but overall, if you go to Gooding's, it is conveniently located however prices for EVERYTHING tend to be higher than one of the chain grocery stores (Publix, WinnDixie). I did college program for Disney and that was where they tried to bus us to do our shopping, we all went to the Super WalMart instead, Gooding's prices were so high. Just an FYI :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter